Re: Doom Brewing....

Post by electricmotorcycles » Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:27 pm

could not make it through to many RAW errors, but thanks for making it

nielsene
Ogre
Ogre

Post by nielsene » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:31 am

Last night's stream left me disappointed. Seemed like an average group -- nothing standout good (or bad) -- a few funny moments with their Bob Ross painter-artificer. Felt like they were probably a theatre of the mind group, given some terrain to play with and didn't know how to use it to help their style of play. Maybe it got better as time went on, but I left part way through deadly chambers.

Type of group that is probably a lot of fun to play with, but not a great group to watch/listen to.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:50 pm

I am still hoping for something big but so far what has been teased is nothing big. The ten second video on Youtube was ten seconds of things we already own, or most of us do.

And DF could do a lot that interests me. I hope they do.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

hunter_something
Orc
Orc

Post by hunter_something » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:59 pm

nielsene wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:33 pm
But as it is with a mix of secrecy, and pre-event tie ins, and long list of other things, this just feels confusing and disorienting, not exciting.
Yeah I kinda felt the same. It felt a bit like an over-promise, under-deliver sort of buildup. Not that I wouldn't love to see some DoD playthroughs, mind you! It just feels like the buildup was a little disproportionate.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:41 pm

I'll agree.

I was expecting something big like a first reveal of KS7, production prototypes for KS6, etc.

A live play through isn't a big deal to me personally. Maybe that's just me though.
102 Resin and 232 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

nielsene
Ogre
Ogre

Post by nielsene » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:33 pm

Trying to understand -- is tonight's thing a one-off or a beginning of a weekly campaign? Ditto for the long list of other streamers/groups?

I would definitely like to watch a DoD live play, and would arrange my schedule to make that happen. However its its unconnected, multiple groups doing a scaled down 1-2 room thing, repeatedly, that's less interesting.

And please, honestly if all the big announcement is, is about a live play, just announce it, don't be cagey. If its a bigger deal (KS7, Mythras KS, Minis KS, etc) then the secrecy/hype is worth it. Feeling really burned by the "tune in for a super big special announcement" that Paizo did ~2 weeks back to announce their live play/ lunch game, starting in ~ month.

But as it is with a mix of secrecy, and pre-event tie ins, and long list of other things, this just feels confusing and disorienting, not exciting.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:15 pm

From FB:
Join us on 3.18.19 as we kick off our Descent into Doom event. In honor of our March Dungeon of Doom restock we are partnering with some of your favorite D&D content creators to play through our free module.

Tune in to Venture Maidens today at 7:30 pm PST on their twitch channel for a special live play through!

Stay tuned for more specific dates and times for Satine Phoenix, Ruty Rutenberg, Drunks and Dragons Podcast, The Broadswords, Web DM, Dungeon Dudes, and Up Up Down Down's RollOut!

Doom is coming...👹🔥
102 Resin and 232 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:26 am

Just drinks will do for us :D

What would be cool is backer T-Shirts that could be customised with your KS shields ......#justputtingitoutthere
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:31 pm

I want DF drinks for my Df coasters!!
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Animewarped
Orc
Orc

Post by Animewarped » Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:49 pm

I finally want a DF coaster set for my drinks :)

Return to “Kickstarter 5 Discussion”