Did you spend too much on the restock? I know I did.

GardenDM
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: Did you spend too much on the restock? I know I did.

Post by GardenDM » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:52 am

period3 wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:20 pm
AnderDan wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:20 am
I very very nearly bought the Jade Palace too. It was in my cart, but I removed it.
I did that too, more than once. Not a good time for me and my wallet though so I had to pass. Those went pretty fast. Saving now for alleys and KS7, which is rumored to have some new city builder stuff :)
SAME! I hope it's not a decision I look back on with regret. I picked up a smattering of Jade in the KS and am left wanting more, but not feeling like I'm in a good spot (storage or $$$) right now to do so.

Oh well, I'm plenty thankful for all the DF I have and the big CD shipment I'll be getting later this year.

Vegomatic
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Vegomatic » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:20 am

He was answering my specific questions about straight battlements and castle reconfigs. Send him an email at customerservice@dwarvenforge.com. He usually responds within a day or two.

GrumpyOne
Orc
Orc

Post by GrumpyOne » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:16 am

Vegomatic wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:05 am

I just reread the email from Chuck.... it is a General Restock that is due in May. It will include the Castle Reconfigs as well as other things. I hope and expect it will include the basic sets that many are looking for.

As I recall the reconfigs were scheduled for last December. They arrived, but there where issues with them and the factory had to correct the issues. It takes time for the factory to squeeze in another production run and ship the stuff.
Thanks for the info/update. Did he happen to mention what KS's were included in the restock or was it just castles? (Looking for some more water cavern sets.)
"Initial success or total failure"

Vegomatic
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Vegomatic » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:05 am

GrumpyOne wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:24 am
Vegomatic wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:50 pm
I have been told a castle restock, including the reconfigs is expected in May. No date is set, so lets just say "soon." ;-)
Ah, the infamous DF 'soon'...

The Castle reconfig/restock has been teased about for months now so I'm not holding my breath. I'm not upset about the delay as I realize DF is a small (but extremely talented) company and their employees have to multi-task. I expect much of the delay is caused by the factory in dealing with repackaging issues for the new configurations. If/when it happens, it will almost feel like a mini-KS. KS 4.5?

Over the years I have become accustomed to having to hunt for some of the pieces I need but I'm ok with that. It adds to the thrill of victory when I finally get that piece, or set, that I want. With close to 20K invested, I have more than enough DF (and way more than I 'need'), so at this point (and until CoD arrives and KSVII comes out), anything else I purchase is just gravy.
I just reread the email from Chuck.... it is a General Restock that is due in May. It will include the Castle Reconfigs as well as other things. I hope and expect it will include the basic sets that many are looking for.

As I recall the reconfigs were scheduled for last December. They arrived, but there where issues with them and the factory had to correct the issues. It takes time for the factory to squeeze in another production run and ship the stuff.

zenako
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by zenako » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:38 am

Yeah, there can be a huge gap between the DF I think I want and the DF I will actually use and need. As mentioned above, I probably have enough to support my needs already (~4000 or so DF parts between all the sets and the incoming KS when it gets here), but I still want more....

GrumpyOne
Orc
Orc

Post by GrumpyOne » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:24 am

Vegomatic wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:50 pm
I have been told a castle restock, including the reconfigs is expected in May. No date is set, so lets just say "soon." ;-)
Ah, the infamous DF 'soon'...

The Castle reconfig/restock has been teased about for months now so I'm not holding my breath. I'm not upset about the delay as I realize DF is a small (but extremely talented) company and their employees have to multi-task. I expect much of the delay is caused by the factory in dealing with repackaging issues for the new configurations. If/when it happens, it will almost feel like a mini-KS. KS 4.5?

Over the years I have become accustomed to having to hunt for some of the pieces I need but I'm ok with that. It adds to the thrill of victory when I finally get that piece, or set, that I want. With close to 20K invested, I have more than enough DF (and way more than I 'need'), so at this point (and until CoD arrives and KSVII comes out), anything else I purchase is just gravy.
Last edited by GrumpyOne on Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Initial success or total failure"

Vegomatic
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Vegomatic » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:50 pm

GrumpyOne wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:41 am
(I already have a full DoD plus extras so didn't really 'need' anything from the restock. Not-so-patiently waiting for the Castle reconfig to arrive.)

period3
Orc
Orc

Post by period3 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:20 pm

AnderDan wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:20 am
I very very nearly bought the Jade Palace too. It was in my cart, but I removed it.
I did that too, more than once. Not a good time for me and my wallet though so I had to pass. Those went pretty fast. Saving now for alleys and KS7, which is rumored to have some new city builder stuff :)

hunter_something
Orc
Orc

Post by hunter_something » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:01 pm

nielsene wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:04 pm
I looked at Dog Might, and while I like their artistry for the front of the screens, I've decide I liked the functionality of Wyrmwood better -- at least enough to wait until this fall.... If the late 2019 KS date they mentioned doesn't happen I might need to find another option. I'm used to high-end wood-working prices (a full room of custom built-in storage/display for my game room, a GeekChic table before they went bust). I was really hoping to go with something custom at Wyrmwood for a screen, but I'll need to settle with their KS offerings it seems.
I got tired of the wait, so I just picked up a bunch of purpleheart on sale to make my own Wyrmwood style GM screen. I'm a member of a local maker space, so depending on how ambitious I'm feeling, I DO have access to a full wood shop, a laser, and a CNC router or two. This build may get a little out of hand...

DroopyMcCool49
Goblin
Goblin

Post by DroopyMcCool49 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:19 pm

Why is nothing selling out? I keep looking through the inventory thinking that would be nice, and so would this, oh, and those are cool. I have to stop looking....and I definitely have to get on eBay and start moving some other games to cover Dwarven Forge.

Return to “Kickstarter 5 Discussion”