Traveling with DoD?

Gargs454
Orc
Orc

Re: Traveling with DoD?

Post by Gargs454 » Mon May 20, 2019 10:26 am

I would agree with the suggestion to put the led/batteries on top. Preferably in a clear bag to make it easier for them to see when/if they do open your luggage. The bigger concern for me would simply be the durability of the led pieces during travel -- especially since TSA doesn't always repack especially carefully. Some of the led pieces seem at least potentially brittle.

zenako
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by zenako » Sun May 19, 2019 4:05 pm

I have been having my carry on pulled aside recently for inspection, and in every case, it was for a food item. Once it was a bag of cashews, and another time it was an apple and a bag of orange fruit candy slices. The TSA guy just had to chuckle at what the screeners were flagging for him to check.

pacarat
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by pacarat » Sun May 19, 2019 12:40 pm

Shouldn’t be a problem - they’re only watch style batteries.

I would however put them on top so they can be easily examined by security, without emptying the whole bag.

I made that mistake once with some candy bars - evidently Milky Ways look suspicious based on texture/density,
/whatever...

nielsene
Ogre
Ogre

Traveling with DoD?

Post by nielsene » Sun May 19, 2019 11:34 am

Starting to pack up my DoD to bring to PaizoCon next week, and just wanted to check if people had any suggestions regarding air travel with DoD -- particularly the LED components. Not sure if I should back the battery components in carry-on or checked luggage for instance.

Return to “Kickstarter 5 Discussion”