Share KS5 Wicked Dungeon Trove?

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Share KS5 Wicked Dungeon Trove?

Post by William » Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:37 pm

Notice a lot of the "moders" from back then are either off doing there own thing or work for DF now (or had briefly). I really like how easy the PVC Dwarvenite was to modify compared to resin. I always thought resin mods were too difficult for my tool set and those who did it were a bit crazy, so I didn't try. Then the medium changed to PVC and I saw the light and now I love to modify this stuff. Just wish the prices had stayed similar to KS-1 and KS-2, because if you can't afford it, if you can't modify it. ;)
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:26 pm

Thats the one

I only trolled through briefly, but i had a big smile when i saw a post by Shadox

The forum is cool now, but it was magical back then - it was small and i was just newly smitten with DF and all the world had that glow of first love ;)
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

scott102303
Orc
Orc

Post by scott102303 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:02 pm

I assume this is the thread you referred to kitenerd? Looks really good but unfortunately a lot of the pics have gone missing.

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=6238

scott102303
Orc
Orc

Post by scott102303 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:47 pm

kitenerd wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:07 pm
There is a case to be made for certain pieces to be sold in packs (Catacombs lighted pieces for instance). This pool is one of those pieces - there are soo many cool ways to use LOTS of them, I do think a 4 pack of these would make a ton of sense.

There is a great thread from back in the KS1 days on modding these pools (there was one in Chamber of Sorrows) - lots of good ideas (and practical tutorials) along the lines of what LorriZ is thinking - someone with better search skills than me can probably unearth it
I was surprised to see unpainted Chamber of Sorrows on the webstore today. Bought me a pair of them, so I got two more pools. The other pieces in the set I can find lots of ways of using.

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:03 am

There's nothing more satisfying than covering your desk (and clothes) in piles of tiny statically charged dwarvenite shavings. They can be a pain to clean up sometimes. ;)

Well maybe the satisfaction when the mod is finished is better, but not by much. :lol:
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:31 pm

I am sure the above posters consider it "improving" not "mutilating"

I am not against modding DF pieces, but I am only capable of small mods. I have neither the sculpting skills nor workshop for serious modding.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

GODofwar
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by GODofwar » Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:12 pm

Trogs seem to be divided on the questions of whether mutilating a DwF piece is sacrilege. The division seems sharpest oh the theological point of whether it is a greater sin to mutilate a Factory Painted piece than a UP piece....

TLW
WeaselWarGod

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:21 pm

That would be pretty cool; they've done it with an elevation block. Alternatively, you could mod one by cutting out the bottom and using the small round towers from DF's castle line underneath, but that means mutilating a piece. :(
100 Resin and 237 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

kodiakbear
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kodiakbear » Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:06 pm

As neat as the KS1 pools are I would really like a pool that is more 3d now that DF has done elevation.

A pool where top lip is removable from the floor and the floor is supported by a removeable elevation ring.

By adding more and more elevation rings to the bottom you can deepen the well and at each connection point would be where the translucent liquid sculpt would attach/sit.

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:07 pm

There is a case to be made for certain pieces to be sold in packs (Catacombs lighted pieces for instance). This pool is one of those pieces - there are soo many cool ways to use LOTS of them, I do think a 4 pack of these would make a ton of sense.

There is a great thread from back in the KS1 days on modding these pools (there was one in Chamber of Sorrows) - lots of good ideas (and practical tutorials) along the lines of what LorriZ is thinking - someone with better search skills than me can probably unearth it
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

Return to “Kickstarter 5 Discussion”