A place to discuss the wonder of it all!

93x74R
Orc
Orc

Re: A place to discuss the wonder of it all!

Post by 93x74R » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:05 am

If I missed it in another thread I apologize but I have not seem anyone commenting on the new"negative space" way of doing water and nasty liquids like lava and acid rather than the water/lava tiles from the KSII Caverns. Every time I have looked at get the tiles from the web store they were out of stock which turns out to be a very good thing as I think the negative space style with the either the Chasm Pack or the Ledges from KSV look a lot better than what you get in the Water Cavern Pack. Pre KS there was much agitation for water tiles, especially 4 X 4 tiles, to be included in KSV. The Water Cavern Pack is listed as sold out now without even a "Restock Coming Soon" note. Are they considered obsolete now and will no longer be supported? I ended up not getting Terrain Trays in the KS but a have a wealth of coloured felt that will work just fine. When I do my next web order I suspect I will "need" another Chasm pack so I can make a really big underground river/lake.

arsthein
Ogre
Ogre

Post by arsthein » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:03 pm

93x74R wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:31 pm
arsthein wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:30 am
93x74R wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:48 pm
They solved this problem with the Vaulted Dungeon Elevation Add-on. I will be getting one of those plus Ancient Pillars and the Inner Sanctum instead of Acid. No two headed crocodile for me I am afraid.
I don't agree as I've stated in several threads by now.

If you want a nice bunch of arches, the elevation pack solves nothing. For 2 arches you get a ton of other stuff, and it quite a chunk of budget burnt. If you want, say, 8-10-12 arches, you need to go nuts with that add-on, since it was the only option when it came up aside from Acid Bath.

And that is sad, since you have a blocks only add-on with 16! I would take a 16 arches add-on if I must, gladly, with a wide smile on my face. But there isn't one.

Now, the bridge extension is another matter entirely, it's not the perfect solution, but it's a solution, and I already have taken one of each add-ons (I want blocks and pillar elevations too, just not so many as arches).

I can compromise and take some bridge extensions and use some as I was going to use the arches. Just not so versatile as the arches (1 inch wide) neither so nice.

Still, it's a lot of money in elevations to get 6 arches tops, and 4 bridge extension pieces (if I end up being forced to get 2 bridge extensions sets, idea which I'm not totally comfortable with).
Try the Elevation Mega Pack then. 8 arches in one set plus lots of other blocks. I don't need that much so am sticking with the Vaulted.
I'm afraid that in my opinion that solves even less. I'm writing a longer post in a new thread about mega packs right now.

Greetings friend and thank you for the patient suggestions

93x74R
Orc
Orc

Post by 93x74R » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:31 pm

arsthein wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:30 am
93x74R wrote:
They solved this problem with the Vaulted Dungeon Elevation Add-on. I will be getting one of those plus Ancient Pillars and the Inner Sanctum instead of Acid. No two headed crocodile for me I am afraid.

If you want a nice bunch of arches, the elevation pack solves nothing. For 2 arches you get a ton of other stuff, and it quite a chunk of budget burnt. If you want, say, 8-10-12 arches, you need to go nuts with that add-on, since it was the only option when it came up aside from Acid Bath.

And that is sad, since you have a blocks only add-on with 16! I would take a 16 arches add-on if I must, gladly, with a wide smile on my face. But there isn't one.

Now, the bridge extension is another matter entirely, it's not the perfect solution, but it's a solution, and I already have taken one of each add-ons (I want blocks and pillar elevations too, just not so many as arches).

I can compromise and take some bridge extensions and use some as I was going to use the arches. Just not so versatile as the arches (1 inch wide) neither so nice.

Still, it's a lot of money in elevations to get 6 arches tops, and 4 bridge extension pieces (if I end up being forced to get 2 bridge extensions sets, idea which I'm not totally comfortable with).
Try the Elevation Mega Pack then. 8 arches in one set plus lots of other blocks. I don't need that much so am sticking with the Vaulted.

bernyleung
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by bernyleung » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:40 am

Why not use the ramps vertically as sort of a faux buttress?

arsthein
Ogre
Ogre

Post by arsthein » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:30 am

93x74R wrote:

bernyleung
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by bernyleung » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:33 am

PM will be a budget killer, no question.

Blue Prophet
Orc
Orc

Post by Blue Prophet » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:40 am

93x74R wrote:
arsthein wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:27 pm
93x74R wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:31 pm
I think those of us that have KS1 passages will go for the bling.

...Acid is a much cheaper way to get some elevation.
I'm in the same boat, and about the elevations I'm so desperately looking for a way to get arches that I would take 2 Acid Baths and let go my acid floors pack add-on. Unfortunately, the pack includes an incredibly huge amount of passage walls...
Sort of solved it. The Vaulted Dungeon Elevation Add-on is nice to see, but you are going to wind up with a lot of ramps, with 2 ramps for every 2 arch. Acid Bath gives you 2 ramps for 4 arches, a much better ratio which I'd rather have seen in the add-on. I for one don't want too many ramps, but I'd gladly take a ton of arches if I had the funds (or over time).

Edit: I forgot about the Bridge Extensions Add-on. That is the way to just get more arches. KS5 is quite complicated.

93x74R
Orc
Orc

Post by 93x74R » Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:48 pm

arsthein wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:27 pm
93x74R wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:31 pm
I think those of us that have KS1 passages will go for the bling.

...Acid is a much cheaper way to get some elevation.
I'm in the same boat, and about the elevations I'm so desperately looking for a way to get arches that I would take 2 Acid Baths and let go my acid floors pack add-on. Unfortunately, the pack includes an incredibly huge amount of passage walls...

arsthein
Ogre
Ogre

Post by arsthein » Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:55 am

Super pumped about the 3 new add-on packs! specially with cages, which have another extra manacles, I'm taking 2, so with the magnetic walls add-on which comes with 2 I have now 4 of them! just perfect! nice work.

I only hope something similar happens with the levers... I have definitely no way of getting 3 or more (6 would be awesome) withouth taking encounters or an absurd amount of magnetic accesories packs, which would cost a lot and give me an awful lot of pieces I don't want in such quantities...

Levers pleeasee??? and then I'm set ready for minis and the mega pack monday (gargoyle corner pillars in an add-on please??), in the end, I'm going near 1000 already going well over all of the previous kickstarters... I'm only crying for paying 210$ ni shipping to EU already and not having any stretch goal... good lord I'm grateful I don't want dungeon of doom vaulted walls pieces...

Give me a reason to go 1200!!! (=D>

Heresy
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Heresy » Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:49 am

Adam67 wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:16 pm
Anyone hear any rumors about when the broken column/wall pieces will make an appearance? As soon as they post I can finalize my pledge.
Nate said in the last live broadcast that they are not being made this Kickstarter.

Return to “Kickstarter 5 Discussion”