Suggestion for a new type of big floor 8x8 piece (video animation example provided)

bernyleung
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: Suggestion for a new type of big floor 8x8 piece (video animation example provided)

Post by bernyleung » Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:39 am

That looks great!

GattoNero25
Goblin
Goblin

Re: Suggestion for a new type of big floor 8x8 piece (video animation example provided)

Post by GattoNero25 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:34 pm

loving it !

LordDust
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by LordDust » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:59 am

I like the idea, the video is a great way to explain it. I can definitely think of a number of uses for that. One of the first that comes to mind is the shaft the crystal floats in during the Jim Henson movie "The Dark Crystal". A great way to make some players oooh and aaah.

guslandt
Goblin
Goblin

Post by guslandt » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:45 am

Wow, that looks awesome! I was skeptical until the lava insert, as I imagined it as an LED piece to glow.
I still wasn't sold on the idea until the very end when you had descending stairs. That would be awesome!

GardenDM
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GardenDM » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:32 am

Kudos on the creative thinking and the awesome animation! I love it and there's a lot of variety that could go into the design.

iceycat
Goblin
Goblin

Suggestion for a new type of big floor 8x8 piece (video animation example provided)

Post by iceycat » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:27 am

Hey guys, this is my example animation demonstrating a new type of floor piece for the Kickstarter. Though it uses an 8x8 piece this could also work similarly for a 4x4 or 4x6 or anything else to punch a 2x2 hole out of or for the bigger pieces a 2x4 hole.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzw5uqR ... e=youtu.be

We know the city builder posts and walls can insert into holes in the bottom of the existing KS5 8x8 and 4x4 floor tiles as Nate told us they will accommodate this function so you can make quick and easy mini elevation boxes. While you can assemble elevation using existing methods and creating such a "hole" you'd have a series of 15 2x2's to do the same thing and then you would need a way to support them all like 2" foam risers, etc. This does it all in one piece and allows you to use other existing pieces to make it appear solid.

Uses for this are elevated floor traps, vertical mine shafts for climbing, ladders or ropes, or if a 2x4 hole is made, stairs or longer trap pits.

I suggested this yesterday in the comments section but decided an animation would really highlight the uses.

What do you think?

Return to “Kickstarter 5 Discussion”