Pre-KS6 Miniature Agitation Thread. I'm Not Kidding.

Vegomatic
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: Pre-KS6 Miniature Agitation Thread. I'm Not Kidding.

Post by Vegomatic » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:46 pm

So... I was thinking of the mods Elye did to a set or two of townsfolk... He added things like hair, hats, cloaks, beard, pouches, canes... Would it be possible to make a set of figures that came with a small variety of optional add-ons? Or maybe various heads and hands with pre-attached add-ons? If using hands with attached items, then the minis might even be able to be pre-painted.

Then you could take a set of minis and sort of customize them, with minimal art skills (cut from a spru and glue?).

We already know Lady Sabelle makes hats and cloaks and things... and clearly Elye is up to the task as well!

How hard can it be? ;) :P

Just a thought.

Harneloot
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Harneloot » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:54 pm

A big +1 to commoners/non-weapon wielders and another +1 to alternate paints on existing molds for variety!

mdauck
Goblin
Goblin

Post by mdauck » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:39 pm

Yes, I agree on Commoners. Not to boast but I have well over 3000 plus figures from Monsters to Skeletons, Daemons, Dragons, Characters and more but no, none, maybe 3 or 4 just peasant people. Town folks, drunks, dead ones, children, etc. Love the idea. Kidnapped dame's, kids, all sorts of things can come from this and now that we have a City, and a Castle we need the town's folk to come. As the movie "Field of Dreams" once said. Built it and they will come.

Animewarped
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Animewarped » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:37 pm

I think another good idea would be to re-use the molds from the townsfolk and guards and offer them in a new paint scheme. adds variety to the commoners, regiments to the guards and no new expensive molds to be made. I figured it could help offset the cost of any new molds they make so they don't as high of a startup cost. I really want them to make a great profit if they follow through on this Mini's KS :)

astolat
Orc
Orc

Post by astolat » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:26 pm

I would also love a "mini" KS :) but I will say that what I would most love to see in that KS would be minis like the truly special ones DF has made -- the cockroach rider, the two-headed croc, the two-headed lizardman, Rocky the earth elemental, the naga -- these are my favorite minis among my collection; they create such a disproportionate amount of pleasure. I cannot WAIT to get my hands on the golem wall. Give me more of the weird and unique monsters of Mythras! And if you wanted to throw in a few bits of really vivid and unique dungeon decor like the portal inserts I would be even happier. :D

Animewarped
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Animewarped » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:49 pm

@Vegomatic
thank you for the welcome. I plan on buying more after the PM as well. DF has never let me down, so I'm sure I'll love the minis. The idea of a small Minis KS has me very excited. I can't wait to see the beautiful sculptures that the team brings out

Vegomatic
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Vegomatic » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:59 am

Animewarped wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:05 pm
I would really love some painted miniatures. I just ordered the sample pack to see the ones from DF. the pics look great and my kids could enjoy them with me if made of Dwarvenite. I enjoy painting terrain, but my eyes don't focus quiet as well as they used to and my hands aren't as steady for painting miniatures. sucks getting older :)
Welcome to the forum!

I recently received a sampler set of the minis... I too was wanting to see them before buying a bunch. I was very pleased with the sample I got. Sometime after the PM I will be ordering a few sets.

lostpict
Ogre
Ogre

Post by lostpict » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:05 pm

As long as we are agitating, I would like at least seven dwarves that match the style of the distinctive KS3 dwarves. Ideally with mining tools and at least one whistling. To go with them I would like some dwarven women (7 brides for 7 brothers) and a small handful of dwarf lads and lasses.
Regards,

LostPict, Lord High Undertaker of Valoria
Little Men blog - sfdfsfd.wordpress.com

fstkfstk
Orc
Orc

Post by fstkfstk » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:48 pm

I love DF's miniatures b/c their poses are unique and suited for play as much as for display.
Last edited by fstkfstk on Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DW, Chancellor of Valoria, Formally Privy Councilor of Valoria

Animewarped
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Animewarped » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:05 pm

I would really love some painted miniatures. I just ordered the sample pack to see the ones from DF. the pics look great and my kids could enjoy them with me if made of Dwarvenite. I enjoy painting terrain, but my eyes don't focus quiet as well as they used to and my hands aren't as steady for painting miniatures. sucks getting older :)