Pre-KS6 Miniature Agitation Thread. I'm Not Kidding.

Spiropolous the Minotaur
Orc
Orc

Re: Pre-KS6 Miniature Agitation Thread. I'm Not Kidding.

Post by Spiropolous the Minotaur » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:11 am

I am all for populating the Cities with more townsfolk:) painted for sure....maybe metal as well? I know many folks love to paint mini's...

Harneloot
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Harneloot » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:10 am

I am ok with 28mm but anything larger than that doesn't fit as well or look quite right with my beautiful DF stuff!

Spiropolous the Minotaur
Orc
Orc

Post by Spiropolous the Minotaur » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:09 am

25-28mm is the scale I want to stay in....I do believe that magnet swap KS is 32mm,,,that's why I am not jumping in...

lostpict
Ogre
Ogre

Post by lostpict » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:53 am

It is funny how one's scale taste change. I started a Conan project years ago. As part of that project, I bought a bunch of 28mm Barbarians from BTD (previously Harlequin). I tossed them in a corner since they were too huge for my fantasy collection (old RP, Grenadier, etc. plus WOTC D&D). I played in a rousing Conan adventure this weekend at Historicon, came home, dug up those now puny Barbarians, and spent last night prepping them for painting. Of course, they are still too big for the "OLD MAN's miniatures on the shelf", but they will work fine with the current stuff for at least another couple of years (until 35mm and 38mm are the standard).
Regards,

LostPict, Lord High Undertaker of Valoria
Little Men blog - sfdfsfd.wordpress.com

Oldent
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Oldent » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:33 am

I don't think DF should make figures. I do not think they can sell enough to make it profitable to make them in PVC.If they have them spun up it white metal , may be. I am sorry but 25mm went the way of the dodo. The new Reaper figures are closer to 32 than 25mm. 25mm figures can only be found on old mens display shelfs. I do not want any more ;)
That is clearly a delusional rant. I spent way to much on Iron Winds last Kickstarter :D Sadly their sales figures prove my point. :(
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

jackattack
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jackattack » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:25 am

Plus, peasants were more likely to have suffered from malnutrition and impaired physical development, so smaller peasants is more historically accurate.
Favorite Pieces: Chasms, 45 Degree Passages, River & Lava Banks, Ledges, Large Curved Walls, Elevation Arch

marcoreds
Orc
Orc

Post by marcoreds » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:12 am

I agree with Weasel.

If you play with 25mm minis, it would look weird if the commoners are more impressive than the heroes.

If you play with 28-30mm minis, it still only make sense that the commoners are just a tad smaller, so that on the table it's the player characters minis that stand out as the true protagonists.

GODofwar
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GODofwar » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:36 pm

lostpict wrote:
Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:45 pm
Yes, lots of commoners, but stick to one scale. The DF minis from KS3 & KS4 range all over the place wrt common figure scales. It is time for the dreaded Ruler of Doom.
Hear, hear!

However...get OUT of the abomination that is 28mm scale. It only happned b/c GW didn't have sculptors with enough talent to paint 25mm figures. Go back to true 25mm.

Do that and I'm in for 100 commoners.

The Least Weasel
Totus KS Delenda Sunt, espeically any one with Lady Sabelle's irresistable sculpts
WeaselWarGod

Animewarped
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Animewarped » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:18 pm

Awesome idea. I just wish they had a painted option. I don't do mini's as good as I used to. lol. Now, if they were made of Dwarvenite and painted they would be perfect :)

lostpict
Ogre
Ogre

Post by lostpict » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:49 pm

Regards,

LostPict, Lord High Undertaker of Valoria
Little Men blog - sfdfsfd.wordpress.com