Goblin
Goblin

Re: What Can We Improve for KS6?

Post by Animewarped » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:29 pm

kodiakbear wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:04 pm
Animewarped wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:51 pm
One thing they should really look into is being able to start doing their own small production in house using their existing molds for stocking the web store. They can still use the facilities out in China for the huge KS runs, but a small setup in house could let them keep the shelves stocked and product rolling out better, generating more web sales. Just a thought... :)
While I love the idea of MADE IN THE USA Dwarvenite, these molds are heavy and PVC production to my limited knowlegde is never going to be a small in house setup, I think it takes a full sized factory not a work shop.
That's a shame. Being able to stock the warehouse whenever they wanted to would go a long ways to increasing sales. Guess they'll just have to find a bigger building :)

Vegomatic
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Vegomatic » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:49 pm

Last year you asked folk to sign up to be on a mailing list. I know I signed up because I think it is an excellent idea. Did you use it? I only remember one email.

People sign up because they want to know what is going on or coming up. If you put a sign up for new kickstarter mailing list (and you should) then use it!!! If they dont want to know any more give them an unsubscribe button or link.

Send a message once a week from the list's inception until the end of the kickstarter. Share beans... link to dicussions in the forum... announce stretch goals... post the current pledge total... share pertinent or entertaining comments...

The people who sign up may not visit kickstarter regularly. They may see the announcement, get busy, and then forget about it. Use this to keep everyone who signed up in the loop. Remember... they signed up. They asked for it.

Just my two bits... can you tell I was disappointed in how it wasn't used last year?

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Rabbit Burner » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:18 pm

DF you should start to advertise the coming KS on the front page of the website - casual surfers and potential buyers may see the KS as a good jumping on point and intro into Dwarvenite. We know we would have had we not stumbled upon KSIII
I am the Game and I want to Play

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:16 am

Sponsor a few episodes of Critical Role and have Sam Riegel do a few voice ads... That could be fun. ;)
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:52 am

Hey DF, we're about 2 months away from the KS. I know you all get really busy, but it's been an issue in the past, and I think some advertising outside of FB and the forums here could go a long way in getting new customers. Have Critical Role do a review, see if Jerry and Mike with Penny Arcade will give a shout out, maybe contract with a distributor to include a poster or flyer with stock being sent to local gaming stores that they can hang up. I agree new customers are needed, and the worst way to get them is to only advertise to your base. We have 2 months before the kickstarter begins, so now is the time to prime the pump! :)
106 Resin and 159 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Seraphis the Bland
Orc
Orc

Post by Seraphis the Bland » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:46 am

dice4hire wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:37 pm
Yes, new customers are the only viable long term solution.
Yup, that's it. I would like to see as many different molds as they can come up with. The whole point of the thing is to make new molds which they can then sell in their on-line store. More molds = more hooks to grab new customers.

kodiakbear
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by kodiakbear » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:04 pm

Animewarped wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:51 pm
One thing they should really look into is being able to start doing their own small production in house using their existing molds for stocking the web store. They can still use the facilities out in China for the huge KS runs, but a small setup in house could let them keep the shelves stocked and product rolling out better, generating more web sales. Just a thought... :)
While I love the idea of MADE IN THE USA Dwarvenite, these molds are heavy and PVC production to my limited knowlegde is never going to be a small in house setup, I think it takes a full sized factory not a work shop.

Animewarped
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Animewarped » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:51 pm

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:32 pm

I would not mind a bit of Castles, but I bought so little and need so little more, it would need to be combined with something. Cities and Castles is good, though I would prefer outdoors first.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Rabbit Burner » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:20 pm

kodiakbear wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:11 pm
Rabbit Burner wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:38 am
We suspect that KSVII will combine both CBS and Castles
You may be correct, but I am still hoping DF will use KSVII to do outdoor/wild terrain with a few rural CBS items that would work in a city as poorer buildings, rather than a full return to cities and castles.
Oh we think it will include some wild terrain as mountains were big sellers with castles.

Whilst we think CBS2 could be a decent seller we don't think another Castles KS could bring in enough funds for a whole variety of reasons (even if we'd go thumping mad for another Castle KS!!!).

So we think a combined CBS Castles KS would work - mostly CBS and with another side environment/encounter or 2!
I am the Game and I want to Play