What Can We Improve for KS6?

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: What Can We Improve for KS6?

Post by dice4hire » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:09 am

I would also like to say this again for myself. No chase pieces, or capstone pieces. If they must be done put them also into an add-on where they can also be enjoyed.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Kryzsko
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Kryzsko » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:59 am

The one thing to keep in mind is that when a KS has the crazy amount of stuff that KS5 had some sets/pieces are going to get overlooked. Nate stated that the Khri Colony set "underperformed". I think the Khri Colony set looked cool but people had to make hard choices and that was easy to drop. Variety is great but there is a point of diminishing returns. Where is that line? Heck if I know.

Oh, and please don't have encounter specific pieces. I should not have to buy a $900 encounter just to get one cool piece. I hate that.
Last edited by Kryzsko on Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thunder
Orc
Orc

Post by Thunder » Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:32 am

I agree 3D printers are best for accent pieces. Dwarvenite has a great heft and feel that the 3D printers can’t mimic. Which to my mind is another good reason to avoid that LEGO like plastic material.

Peace

GODofwar
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GODofwar » Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:48 pm

---->Back, Rabbit. First comment in months needs to pithy (NOT 'pissy', you Anglo rabbitwit!!!)

The Least Weasel
Totus KS Delenda Sunt, except KS5

[/quote]

Welcome back TLW :) you have been missed
GODofwar wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:41 pm
First comment in months needs to pithy (NOT 'pissy', you Anglo rabbitwit!!!)
maybe its just us but that is pretty much a pissy comment ;)

OK, conceded....

The Least Weasel
WeaselWarGod

GODofwar
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GODofwar » Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:46 pm

Thanks, Rabbit.

I still harbor hopes of returning to England soon. If I do I shall find and haunt your burrow.

TLW
WeaselWarGod

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Rabbit Burner » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:42 am

GODofwar wrote:
Rabbit Burner wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:56 am

For us our builds tend to be big with a 6x4 foot pawprint ;)

So lots of pieces needed, but we like lots of variety too - not keen on everything looking the same which becomes really apparent on a big build.
---->Back, Rabbit. First comment in months needs to pithy (NOT 'pissy', you Anglo rabbitwit!!!) I agree; I rarely build a real set less that 2x3 and often use most of my 5x10 table. One reason KS5 was so fab is that there are so many 'fiddly bitz' to use as dressing. I only got Shrine of Sysuul and Burrows encounters...both because they were unique and could fit any game. But I got a boatload of accessory packs (half my buy). One reason I got off cheap this time, for a 'smallish whale'.

So for us to produce pieces using 3D printers at the amount we would need would take a huge amount of effort and to get the equivalents of a DF KS Pledge would probably take over a year of non-stop printing. Also the detail will not be as defined (yet).

Having said that I think 3D printers are great for accent pieces and to add some variety so it is something we are very interested in, but in the short to medium term I do not see 3d printing being an alternative to a DF KS. Its also a lot less fun!
---->Rabbit is right on this. For the foreseaable future, 3DP will be superb for the accent items but not competition fo DwF. It will come, though.

The Least Weasel
Welcome back TLW :) you have been missed
GODofwar wrote:
First comment in months needs to pithy (NOT 'pissy', you Anglo rabbitwit!!!)
maybe its just us but that is pretty much a pissy comment ;)
So on the pithyness scale of your first comment we mark that one down as an F - c'mon we know you can do better so maybe we will wait for you to warm up your pithy factor.

We tend not to go for pithy but prefer random obscure comments with depths of many levels (sadly levels only we can see and even then only after gorging on a carrot stew)

Still great to see you back on here providing an edge to the forums with your funky use of colour and unique quotes. :D
I am the Game and I want to Play

GODofwar
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GODofwar » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:41 pm

Rabbit Burner wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:56 am

So lots of pieces needed, but we like lots of variety too - not keen on everything looking the same which becomes really apparent on a big build.
---->Back, Rabbit. First comment in months needs to pithy (NOT 'pissy', you Anglo rabbitwit!!!) I agree; I rarely build a real set less that 2x3 and often use most of my 5x10 table. One reason KS5 was so fab is that there are so many 'fiddly bitz' to use as dressing. I only got Shrine of Sysuul and Burrows encounters...both because they were unique and could fit any game. But I got a boatload of accessory packs (half my buy). One reason I got off cheap this time, for a 'smallish whale'.

So for us to produce pieces using 3D printers at the amount we would need would take a huge amount of effort and to get the equivalents of a DF KS Pledge would probably take over a year of non-stop printing. Also the detail will not be as defined (yet).

Having said that I think 3D printers are great for accent pieces and to add some variety so it is something we are very interested in, but in the short to medium term I do not see 3d printing being an alternative to a DF KS. Its also a lot less fun!
---->Rabbit is right on this. For the foreseaable future, 3DP will be superb for the accent items but not competition fo DwF. It will come, though.

The Least Weasel
WeaselWarGod

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Rabbit Burner » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:56 am

its interesting reading different peoples point of view and seeing how they use their Dwarvenite.

I am the Game and I want to Play

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:09 am

That is a valid concern, as 3D printing is really taking off. Personally I do not want to go that cheap for terrain, as I really like how dwarvenite feels and acts on the table. Lighter plastics just do not impress me as much.

I have argued the opposite, but I can really see benefits to producing as wide a variety of pieces though. We shall see how KSVI handles things in only 6 short months!!!
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

bernyleung
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by bernyleung » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:49 pm

To be honest, I'm not sure how many more years this current business model of DF will have. It will really depend on how technology will advance to make an alternative product of comparable quality cheaper and faster. This might be home 3D printing, it might be something else. I would say if you like the product as it is, then maximize your collections now. We might rue the day (or celebrate?) when Dwarvenite goes the way of resin....