Re: What Can We Improve for KS6?

Post by Mushu_Green » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:00 pm

Harneloot wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:35 am
Mushu_Green wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:29 am
Kryzsko wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:18 pm
Every time I have thought about buying something from the DF website recently I have looked at the shipping cost and changed my mind.
Same here :/ and with the value of canadian dollar it doesn't get any better..
Really? I just ordered $270 worth of Dwarvenite from the latest restock and shipping was $13. That didn't seem exorbitant to me :?
Where do you live for you to only pay 13$ shipping?

kodiakbear
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kodiakbear » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:45 am

Harneloot wrote:
I just ordered $270 worth of Dwarvenite from the latest restock and shipping was $13. That didn't seem exorbitant to me :?
$13 is very low, good for you.

My last two web store orders have been around $50 each.

Mushu_Green
Orc
Orc

Post by Mushu_Green » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:38 am

Harneloot wrote:
Mushu_Green wrote:
Kryzsko wrote:
Every time I have thought about buying something from the DF website recently I have looked at the shipping cost and changed my mind.
Really? I just ordered $270 worth of Dwarvenite from the latest restock and shipping was $13. That didn't seem exorbitant to me :?
50$ for 100$ worth of KS1 stuff :/ so ordering something and having to pay +50% of value in shipping, yes i have second thoughts haha

Harneloot
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Harneloot » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:35 am

Mushu_Green wrote:
Kryzsko wrote:

Mushu_Green
Orc
Orc

Post by Mushu_Green » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:29 am

Kryzsko wrote:

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:51 am

Living in America and shopping in European web stores can be fun. As soon as you tell the shop you don't live in the EU every item drops in price. Sure hope we never go for a Value Added Tax... I haven't seen much value added, other than the value of the current governments dept might be smaller, but I doubt it. Rebel against the TAX machine!!!

EDIT - Sorry, my old self took over for a second... back to complacent now. :D :| :D
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:03 am

We did a quick look at KSIII items on the KS compared to current web store prices and the web store is more expensive but not by a huge amount.

For overseas buyers it gets more complicated with shipping and VAT/customs. In the KS shipping costs VAT is incorporated and in the Web store it is not - partly because they used to expect Europeans to shop from their authorised EU seller Thod. You also have to pay a customs handling fee :(

So its complicated to work out and we no longer have the receipts of what customs and VAT we paid on web store purchases.

We believe the best time to buy DF is during the KS so that when we try to buy all our DF.
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

Kryzsko
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Kryzsko » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:18 pm

dice4hire wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:02 pm
I fully intend to look at what I spent in KSV and what it would all cost me retail as soon as pieces hit the store, as there seems to be little difference to me, at least in my situation shipping to Japan. Maybe with free shipping in the USA it is different, but I would also calculate that out. For example, the bones KS from Reaper give a hefty discount, with many models being 30% of retail during the Ks and PM. DF is nowhere near that, more like 90% during the Ks and maybe not even that.
I think the difference between Dwarven Forge and Reaper is that Reaper sells their stuff in retail stores and not just on their website so that causes a bigger jump after the KS. Reaper has to be careful not to undercut their retail partners. If you go to some of the online stores that sell Bones you can find prices much closer to the KS prices and even more so when they have sales and in the US often with free shipping. I think with Bones 4 I am paying around $50 just for shipping in the US.

The Dwarven Forge free US shipping definitely saves me money over the web store with shipping. My KS4 stuff would have been very expensive to ship due to the weight and same goes for KS5. Every time I have thought about buying something from the DF website recently I have looked at the shipping cost and changed my mind.

GODofwar
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by GODofwar » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:18 pm

Vegomatic wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:43 am
The "walls, corners, and floors" stretches might be important to those who don't already have caverns...
Especially if all those pieces are uniques...a whole collection of fiddly bitz to just make every cavern look different. Combining differente walls with different SHAPES makes a huge number of variants possible with a arelateively small number of new tiles.

The Least Weasel
Totus KS Delenda Sunt, except KS5
WeaselWarGod

GODofwar
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by GODofwar » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:16 pm

William wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:00 am
I only have one spiked head, it feels so lonely. :cry:
If you have a village,k this is easy to fix...for a tyrant ruler...

The Least Weasel
Totus KS Delenda Sunt, except KS5
WeaselWarGod