Store Purchasing Advice

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Store Purchasing Advice

Post by AnimeSensei » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:15 am

With my GC I just feel confined to a square as I don't have more corner walls. So yeah, I also can't build any more castle-walled structures.

Oh and I thought the same as you on streets. They are amazing for a city scene.
106 Resin and 159 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

zenmaster
Orc
Orc

Post by zenmaster » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:02 am

AnimeSensei wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:26 am
I found out I like streets more than I thought I would, especially alleys. Double corner posts for making 2nd stories easy to remove, and sewers because... sewers.

For KS4, corner castle walls.
Thanks a lot for your feedback, and thanks to dice4hire and Harneloot for their thoughts as well.

I have avoided streets and things like open water tiles as superfluous expense with my assortment of game mats. So many people seem to like the Streets though, that I think I will take the plunge on an Imperial Streets just to have some streets and alleys and see how they look and play.

Thanks for mentioning the corner castle walls. I had thought about getting more with my GC pledge but they were crowded out by other stuff. Did you find you wanted more variety in castle corners or did you want to be able to build more structures at once? I am seriously considering a castle corner walls pack.

I am debating how to best expand my Capital City Builder pledge a bit. Those starter sets look like good deals and my experimentation showed I love the abbey walls, so a stone walls set may be in order.

Will order soon, before something runs out 🙂
Dungeon Crawl Classics enthusiast.

zenmaster
Orc
Orc

Post by zenmaster » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:05 pm

bernyleung wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:04 pm
I don't think there's going to be any pre-delivery sale phase for KS5, unfortunately. So make sure you really have pledged everything you want by Oct 8.
Thanks for the news. I had not seen any KS announcements confirming or denying a preorder phase, so I had assumed this KS would operate like the two previous, just later.

It gives a little urgency if people want jade or marble, as there will not be another chance for those, I guess. Given the KS4 stocking issues, hoping to pick some things up from the webstore maybe becomes chancier if you want them sooner rather than much later.

I am also looking hard at the troves, because some of the special packages hit the webstore and some don't, seemingly. I can still buy Imperial Streets from KS3, but Wargamer Streets is apparently not a thing now. I saw the sold out KS 4 packs don't even show up in the webstore? Will all be restocked or are some no longer getting made, I wonder. I wanted another Erinthor pack.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:09 pm

I agree. I see any preorder phase as highly unlikely. Wish DF would chime in though.......
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

bernyleung
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by bernyleung » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:04 pm

I don't think there's going to be any pre-delivery sale phase for KS5, unfortunately. By the time the pledge manager ends, it will already be October. In KS4, the pledge manager closed sometime in early summer, and the pre-sale phase was in August. And shipping wasn't finalized until well after Chinese New Year. This year they want to get everything loaded onto a boat *before* CNY. So make sure you really have pledged everything you want by Oct 8.

Harneloot
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Harneloot » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:03 am

I will second both Streets and Sewers and add Roofs & solid floors (of both types) to what has already been said for KS3.

For KS4 I did not get the Drawbridge extension with the Portcullis and now wish I had (have since gotten one) and wish I had gotten a second Mountain set.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:28 am

For KSIII
Streets, I would ditto but also more floors and walls. The city just plain grows on you until you can cover your table.

For KSIV
Nothing for me really. I did not go too heavily into it and do not really need to get any more of it. Kinda sad to say it in a way, but it is how I feel. If I were to get more I would get rampart inside walls, wall platforms and spacers, enough to build massive walls, or even doubly high walls.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:26 am

I found out I like streets more than I thought I would, especially alleys. Double corner posts for making 2nd stories easy to remove, and sewers because... sewers.

For KS4, corner castle walls.
106 Resin and 159 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

zenmaster
Orc
Orc

Store Purchasing Advice

Post by zenmaster » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:57 am

Hi,

while finalizing my pledge manager, I am also looking at filling in some gaps in my previous KS pledges in the webstore.

I definitely need KS3 battlements. I am looking at other needs, as I went a little lighter on the city builder KS.

Two questions for people:

1) Have there been any announcements on when the store pre-KS delivery sale phase will be? I am debating whether to order now to get my desired pieces for sure rather than having a long restock wait, or waiting until the store pre-KS delivery sale phase.

2) I have followed some related threads in the KS4 and KS3 forums, but will also ask here: Are there any sets you find you immediately wanted or needed more of after getting your KS stuff the past two campaigns?

I am overseas, and my KS4 is sitting there waiting in the US until next summer possibly. I did not get too much chance to experiment fully with the KS3 even last summer, so did not bring it over with me yet. Thus, I am a bit in the dark on what pieces have been found to be very great and versatile in practice.

Any thoughts appreciated. Thanks!