Order - head exploding! Any advice?

AstroCat
Goblin
Goblin

Re: Order - head exploding! Any advice?

Post by AstroCat » Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:58 pm

Ok, did this: (Painted, no magnets). Bailed on the Jade, had to break it down to actual use vs. "collector factor" and we for sure would use and integrate the Red/Black Temple stuff a ton more than the Jade, which has to be almost a 1-off self contained encounter.

Dungeon Level I
Encounter Area 12: Dais of the Dead
LED Alcoves
LED Walls and Corners
Large Curved Walls x2
Double Doors
Classic Dungeon Advanced Builder
Classic Dungeon Magnetic Walls
Classic Dungeon LED Walls
Passages - Walls
Ancient Pillars
Curved Daises (Red)
Large Curved Daises (Red)
Straight Daises
Elevation Platform
Vaulted Dungeon Elevation
Epic Stairs
Floor Traps
Magnetic Traps
Puzzle Floor Tiles
Cages x2
Eldrid's Mystic Trove
Fanatic's Trove
Wicked Dungeon Trove
Angled Ledges
Ledges
Burrows Accessories
Burrows Chambers
Burrows Elevation
Burrows Stilts
Burrows Tunnels x2
Emperor's Palace Mega Pack - Marble Ltd Ed
Antechamber x2
Inner Sanctum
The Pit
Walls & Pillars (Forsaken Temple)

AstroCat
Goblin
Goblin

Post by AstroCat » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:43 am

geekjeff wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:19 am
Good advice, thanks!

I think the non-Jade is more universally usable but I do like the Jade/Marble and wouldn't want to miss out (FOMO!). I suppose we could pick up the straight versions later since stock will not be as rare. Funny though I really would like to get a non-jade altar, lots of uses for that one piece.

Tough choices.

geekjeff
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by geekjeff » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:19 am

If you're not getting Magnets, that is a biggish chunk of your budget (150ish) on a bunch of Terrain Trays. If you're just trying them for flavor, maybe pickup some Singles at 18 bucks. Maybe pickup one pack of magnets to install, you can try them out in a few pieces and if it's a game changer you can always pickup more at retail.

I think you may really need one more Burrows Tunnels pack to effectively use all the Chambers and Elevations bits.

You're at $181 on Marble addons here, if you found yourself edging any higher than that you should seriously consider the Emperor's Palace set.

Splitting your Shrine purchase between Regular and Jade hurts efficiency quite a bit. You're spending almost $600 bucks for fewer basic building elements than a straight Shrine purchase, and missing out on the awesome Sysuul mini (which granted, is possibly a one off encounter villain but campaigns do need those, right?)

If you really want both colors, ok. But if you're waffling on that IMO you should commit and just go for the straight Jade Encounter 15. Better value and builds a more cohesive encounter.

You're already stretching your pledge across multiple environment themes here (RedVaulted/Marble/Burrows/RedShrine/Jade) and if you go too thin on something you'll be wanting more. And Jade/Marble you clearly like, and may be unable to pickup when it hits retail. They'll likely sell out pretty quickly.

AstroCat
Goblin
Goblin

Order - head exploding! Any advice?

Post by AstroCat » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:43 am

What we have: We have lot's of KS1, 2, 3 (solid amount) and an ok amount of 4 (need a little more when back in stock).

Budget: $2500.

Use: We usually try and build the encounter areas put them on 26" x 40" covered foamcore sheets that we built and bring them onto the table when ready.

Goal: Looking for most amount of flavor and variety for our gaming sessions, combined with all our other DF sets.

Soooo many options... :shock: Open to all help and advice!!!!! V3 on the Google Sheet is the wish list, but it's over budget. :)

Bailed on the Terrain trays for now.
Last edited by AstroCat on Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:27 pm, edited 4 times in total.