Magnets or No Magnets

geekjeff
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: Magnets or No Magnets

Post by geekjeff » Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:58 pm

Magnets will be a fair amount of work to install, and you honestly can't buy them a whole lot cheaper than they're being offered for pre-installed. But it is tough to decide, $50-100 worth of magnets or 1-2 more addons? =P

I've settled on getting the pre-painted portions of my pledge (about half) magnetized, along with a small starter collection of Terrain Trays. Something to build with right out of the box, and then I can decide whether to magnetize the rest as I paint them.

Gargs454
Orc
Orc

Re: Magnets or No Magnets

Post by Gargs454 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:24 pm

On my pledge I went ahead and added them on each of the encounters I bought (except Alcoves) but not on the extra sets like dungeon floors. My main thinking was that although they added up, it was worth getting them now just in case I decided I wanted them later (the idea of adding them on later seemed a bit laborious even though I didn't buy a whole lot). I have (so far) passed on the terrain trays though as I figured I can fashion some sort of magnetic base later if need be (or even order the trays later). Honestly though that might change if I decide to drop a few more bucks before tomorrow.

FattyLumpkin
Orc
Orc

Magnets or No Magnets

Post by FattyLumpkin » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:17 am

I've finally made my choices but am stuck on whether or not to include magnets. 1/4 of my dungeons have them but to add the rest adds up. Any serious reason I should include them on all?