What KS5 items do you plan to buy from the store next year?

galahad
Orc
Orc

Re: What KS5 items do you plan to buy from the store next year?

Post by galahad » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:30 am

Normal Forgotten Temple/Syssul Shrine pieces.
I went and got the Jade Forgotten Temple set and 8 extra Jade pillars plus the Marble mega set. because it was stated they would not be available in the store.
Pontifex Maximus of Valoria

Law
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Law » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:14 am

I'll probably round out what I passed up in the DoD. Eldritch pools, possible more dais pieces, LED alcoves - just bits and bobs. I'm undecided as to the bridge. May pick it up just bc I wouldn't want to NOT have it - but it's a large piece I don't see myself using that often.

Mostly I may just get more starter dungeon sets - I like the idea of bulking up to build just regular larger rooms. With all the traps and temple pieces and elevation bits I'll end up with, I like the idea of spreading them out over more area instead of making a Tomb of Horrors build where every room is crammed full of zany death.

As for caverns - given what DF usually pulls off, I'd probably be tempted, but in the abstract I'm not interested. I love the resin caverns and the ks ones don't really do it for me. The paint job is part of it - it's too "busy" and a large cavern just looks like a static blur to me, not nearly as nice as a large resin cavern. In people's home painted stuff, it looks much better. But I also don't like the footprint. It's too rigid - now that DF has gotten used to doing 4x4 tiles maybe they'll return to the original cavern footprint. Finally, though, I just don't like the sculpts as much. The resin stuff, it has stalagmites and stalactites in the walls, it has layers of rock. I was just in Carlsbad Caverns, and the resin caverns look JUST LIKE the real thing. But the ks ones don't have that - they're just rough walls. And they don't feel as "cavern"-like to me.

If DF can expand ks caverns with something that looks like the resin ones - boom. I'd be delighted. But if it's just more of what we have.... I'd show my support as always but I wouldn't be super psyched for it.

Danielg1992
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Danielg1992 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:38 am

Full shrine or just shrine addons of regular color because I opted for limited jade :) maybe more dais probably not
I just wanna make the tomb of horrors with dwarvenite

kodiakbear
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by kodiakbear » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:51 am

Arsolos wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:57 pm
I bought part 2 of the Lava Bridge encounter, but I'd really like to get the rest of the encounter. I'm also seriously intrigued by the Khri Colony and have a really interesting idea to use them in a dungeon build. In particular, rather than one huge colony, I'm thinking about using it as a series of burrows connecting different parts of the dungeon. Sort of a Pompeii-style city buried in volcanic ash and the burrows connect the different buildings.

Arsolos
Another cool use idea for the burrows.

Arsolos
Kobold
Kobold

Post by Arsolos » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:57 pm

I bought part 2 of the Lava Bridge encounter, but I'd really like to get the rest of the encounter. I'm also seriously intrigued by the Khri Colony and have a really interesting idea to use them in a dungeon build. In particular, rather than one huge colony, I'm thinking about using it as a series of burrows connecting different parts of the dungeon. Sort of a Pompeii-style city buried in volcanic ash and the burrows connect the different buildings.

Arsolos

Magniopi
Orc
Orc

Post by Magniopi » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:30 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:48 am
I would like a return to caverns as a secondary theme. I just want alternative sculpts, but don't need another full-blown kickstarter of caverns unless they do something different with it. I want new walls, floors, water tiles, etc. that make the layout look less blocky and more organic.
Agreed again.
I have tons of caverns, but more variety in sculpts would be fantastic.

Magniopi
Orc
Orc

Post by Magniopi » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:28 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:18 am
dice4hire wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:43 am
Well, I sincerely hope nothing at all. I really think I got all the sets and stuff I really need to have.

If going for fantasy sets, then a 20 (or less) pack of the ruined (rough terrain) floors would be awesome. They are very hard to get in any numbers and I think they would look great in many KSI style builds.
I wanted a pack of these too! :(
So much yes. I'd love to have 40 or 50 rough floor tiles. Instead, I will be getting 1 in the Ledges pack. :(

93x74R
Orc
Orc

Post by 93x74R » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:06 pm

Maybe a bridge and some ledges. I want to see what I can make with the KS sets before getting anything else as I don't want to cut into my KS VI budget too much.

kodiakbear
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by kodiakbear » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:35 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:48 am
I would like a return to caverns as a secondary theme. I just want alternative sculpts, but don't need another full-blown kickstarter of caverns unless they do something different with it. I want new walls, floors, water tiles, etc. that make the layout look less blocky and more organic.
Yes more cavern sculpts and advance builder cavern would be great.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:48 am

106 Resin and 159 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned