What can you build with dod

Danielg1992
Goblin
Goblin

Re: What can you build with dod

Post by Danielg1992 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:17 pm

Berny I have seen those builds that sdoesnt change the fact that your double large castle and all those streets is a very large build to me :) those other builds are like 10K worth of castle but yours is still over 3,000 ha
I just wanna make the tomb of horrors with dwarvenite

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Rabbit Burner » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:07 pm

Danielg1992 wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:44 am
Your reply rabbit is very amusing
I was able to spring for dod this however... unpainted I'm quite terrified but I plan to paint it by encounter so it makes me feel better .... I'm sure the lavabridge won't as it's a small dod in truth
we thought so too.... :D

BTW we crunched the numbers again and had them verified by a independent reviewer and it turns out we were wrong! what you can build with a full DoD is 'An awful Lot!' :lol:

Your welcome :)
let us know if you need our expert advice again.
I am the Game and I want to Play

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:41 am

It's like if you get a large Lego set. What can you build with the set? You can build the thing on the box or you can change it. You can probably build virtually any dungeon you want from most modules with a DoD set. Some larger dungeons you may have to scale back, but the DoD is pretty big. Unless you need more of a certain feature, it SHOULD satisfy most of your dungeon needs for a very long while.
106 Resin and 159 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

bernyleung
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by bernyleung » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:25 am

Danielg1992 wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:53 am
Also berny I went and saw the paint job on your castle it's wonderful I'm painting my RS while it is smaller then your insanely large build I will use it for inspiration ahah
In all truth, Danielg1992, if you think my build is "insanely large', then you haven't seen 95% of the diorama builds that have popped up on these forums from time to time....

Danielg1992
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Danielg1992 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:53 am

Also berny I went and saw the paint job on your castle it's wonderful I'm painting my RS while it is smaller then your insanely large build I will use it for inspiration ahah

Danielg1992
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Danielg1992 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:44 am

Your reply rabbit is very amusing
I was able to spring for dod this however... unpainted I'm quite terrified but I plan to paint it by encounter so it makes me feel better .... I'm sure the lavabridge won't as it's a small dod in truth

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Rabbit Burner » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:12 am

So the bunnies have been furiously doing the 'math' of what you can build with a full DoD.
And after many seconds of analysis we came up with 'A lot!'

We are currently reviewing our findings .... we will keep you posted
I am the Game and I want to Play

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:48 am

I think anyone with a full DOD can build nearly anything they desire. It is a huge amount of pieces, easily equal to, or more than 10 sets form the original KSI. I would start with building hte encounters as recommended and use them first to see what DF thought of, and then start changing things around.

For my first build I intend to do this, make up my four encounters as DF recommends.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

bernyleung
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by bernyleung » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:14 am

I am quite happy with the Castle items I painted myself (you can check it out on page 44-45 of the Castle Build thread in the KS4 part of the forum). Also did my own KS1 and KS2 stuff. I didn't get a DoD, but KS5 will let me experiment with some new paint colours and schemes (I got a Dungeon Level IV plus Jade Shrine).

Danielg1992
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Danielg1992 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:06 am

I appreciate the replied sorry if it was a newbie question I did go for the dungeon gray like your berny I'm still painting my castles but its so much cheaper I had too