Ogre
Ogre

Re: City Builder Synergy

Post by GardenDM » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:51 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:20 pm
szabbran wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:46 am
On a related note- how have you all handled elevation within city builds? For instance, if you wanted to have one set of buildings at ground level, and build another set of buildings on an elevation tray, how would you handle the transition? Are there any specific stairs/ramps/elevation pieces that you think would work well?
I actually just did this. I just used some boxes and the mountain 8x8 floors with City Builder posts inserted to make an elevated area and then used my streets to connect the lower and upper tiers. I'll have more photos when I update my City Campaign thread, but he's a picture of what I did.

20180131_211931.jpg
Wow, that's incredible! Did you try the mountain or castle elevation ramps instead of the streets? Just curious if they would have worked here instead (although, perhaps a bit rustic looking)?

lostpict
Ogre
Ogre

Post by lostpict » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:04 pm

That looks awesome! A city street ramp is now my #1 desire for CBS.
Regards,

LostPict, Lord High Undertaker of Valoria
Little Men blog - sfdfsfd.wordpress.com

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:20 pm

szabbran wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:46 am
On a related note- how have you all handled elevation within city builds? For instance, if you wanted to have one set of buildings at ground level, and build another set of buildings on an elevation tray, how would you handle the transition? Are there any specific stairs/ramps/elevation pieces that you think would work well?
I actually just did this. I just used some boxes and the mountain 8x8 floors with City Builder posts inserted to make an elevated area and then used my streets to connect the lower and upper tiers. I'll have more photos when I update my City Campaign thread, but he's a picture of what I did.

20180131_211931.jpg
20180131_211931.jpg (137.94 KiB) Viewed 1179 times
106 Resin and 159 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

szabbran
Goblin
Goblin

Post by szabbran » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:46 am

93x74R
Orc
Orc

Post by 93x74R » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:51 am

Vegomatic wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:18 pm
Otto Manchesterfield wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:45 am
Thanks for the suggestions and good information everyone. After re-watching the double doors hands on video I'm still on the fence. Vegomatic, if you wanted to post a photo I wouldn't complain :)
Pictures... hmmm...

Almost none of my dwarvenite is painted... so you will have to bear through dungeon gray

Hope this helps!
This is awesomely helpful. Now I am kicking myself even harder for not getting a couple of mountain sets in the KS.

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Rabbit Burner » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:44 am

ebrandeis wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:16 pm
I was playing around with a 3D print (demon face) I'm doing for Archimagus and got inspired to mix stuff up from KS1, KS3, and KS4, along the amazing gelatinous cube I picked up here.

These tests make me really excited for the additional elevation options coming with KS5!
I'm sorry we just cant buy into this right now.

Where is the Gelatinous Cube's motivation for roaming these darkened halls ?
How does it get upstairs without losing its lunch?
What's its name? do you even know? have you even asked it? (we suggest 'Dave' btw)
and probably the most troubling how does a Gelatinous cube reproduce? Binary Split? Gelatinous Tinder?

Love the builds btw great job with the demon face :D
I am the Game and I want to Play

GardenDM
Ogre
Ogre

Post by GardenDM » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:16 pm

I was playing around with a 3D print (demon face) I'm doing for Archimagus and got inspired to mix stuff up from KS1, KS3, and KS4, along the amazing gelatinous cube I picked up here.

These tests make me really excited for the additional elevation options coming with KS5!
Small Elevation Test.jpg
Small Elevation Test.jpg (76.14 KiB) Viewed 1945 times
Large Elevation Test.jpg
Large Elevation Test.jpg (124.76 KiB) Viewed 1945 times

Otto Manchesterfield
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Otto Manchesterfield » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:05 am

Awesome post, thanks Vegomatic!

Danielg1992
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Danielg1992 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:27 am

@rabbit that's why I didn't buy more of those trays cause I can't raise my floors cheater style if I need extra and make solid will city build haha
I just wanna make the tomb of horrors with dwarvenite

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Rabbit Burner » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:08 am

Blimey!

Had known you could use CBS posts to raise up Castle floors, but had not realised you could slot CBS walls in between .... Cool :)

Thanks for the pictures Vegomatic most informative ...... can feel the Bunny Hive Mind creative juices starting to bubble
I am the Game and I want to Play