Is my dungeon of doom here yet

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Is my dungeon of doom here yet

Post by dice4hire » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:24 am

Thanks for spreading this around. Everyone wants to see this.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

kodiakbear
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kodiakbear » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:36 pm

https://www.dwarvenforge.com/forum/view ... =59&t=9306

KS5 Official Shipping Update
Report this post

Greetings, Dungeon of Doom Kickstarter backers!

We appreciate all your patience during this year’s production cycle. We have finished production, so now all sets are at various stages of cargo shipping, packing or delivery.

This past year, we prioritized some of the most commonly ordered sets, so we could get partial shipments out to a wide array of backers in the North America, Europe and Australia without holding orders until everything was complete. Anyone receiving a partial shipment also received an e-mail that lists the products we still owe you. Backers in other countries, mostly with shorter shipping times, will receive 1 complete shipment.

North America: Shipments of Encounters 1-6 have been sent (as applicable) to North American backers and should mostly have been received. This week, we have started a second shipping cycle (starting with the US, followed by Canada) that includes Terrain Trays, Encounters 8-12 and 14, and many add-on sets. Our remaining sets will arrive within the next 2-3 weeks (see list below); packing and shipping will continue as quickly as possible until all backers are complete (probably over a few weeks). For those of you who requested a single shipment, Your product will go out to you as soon as we have 100% of your order.

Europe: Partial shipments are still at sea, and are expected to arrive in Germany in about 2-3 weeks. From there, it might take another 1-2 weeks to receive your product. Your partial shipments will include Encounters 1-6, 8-12 and 14 and some add-on sets. The balance of your orders are being prepared now for a second shipment.

Australia: Partial shipments are still at sea, we will update you soon with an ETA.

New Zealand, Eastern/Southern Asia: Your shipments are being pre-packed near the factory and will be on their way to you later this month or in the first week of August. As soon as they ship, we will provide more details and tracking.

Middle East: Your orders should be shipped within the next 3-4 weeks.

If you have specific questions about your order, please e-mail ks5@dwarvenforge.com.

We can't wait for each of you to finally have all your dungeons in hand.

Thanks so much again!

Dwarven Forge

FINAL ITEMS STILL IN TRANSIT TO THE US VIA 2 MORE SHIPMENTS. THE FIRST IS DUE IN ABOUT 10 DAYS, THE OTHER IN ABOUT 17 DAYS.
Ancient Pillars - Jade Marble and Limited Editions - Painted
Antechamber - Jade Limited Edition - Painted (with and without magnets)
Antechamber - Painted (with and w/o magnets)
Burrows Accessories - Painted
Burrows Chambers - Painted
Burrows Elevation - Painted
Burrows Stilts - Painted
Burrows Tunnels - Painted
Classic Dungeon Advanced Builder - Painted (with and w/o magnets)
Classic Dungeon Remastered Core Set - Painted (with and w/o magnets)
Curved Daises (Marble Ltd Ed) - Painted
Dais Platforms (Marble Ltd Ed) - Painted
Doors - Painted (with and w/o magnets)
Elevation Mega Pack - Painted
Elevation Platform - Painted and Unpainted
Emperor's Palace Mega Pack - Regular and Marble Ltd Ed - Unpainted and Painted (with and w/o magnets)
Encounter Area 15: Shrine of Sysuul - Jade and Standard, with and e/o magnets
Encounter Area 7: Gorgon Tiers - Painted and Unpainted, with and w/o magnets
Fanatic's Trove - Painted, with and w/o magnets
Fire Ant Nest - Painted
Inner Sanctum - Standard and Jade Limited Edition - Painted, with and w/o magnets
Khri Bloodswarm - Painted
Large Curved Daises (Marble Ltd Ed) - Painted
Large Floors (Marble Ltd Edition) - Painted, with and w/o magnets
Last Pieces of Doom (without magnets) - Painted
Lava Bridge All versions
LED Walls and Corners (without magnets) - Painted
Passages - Walls - Painted
Puzzle Floor Tiles - Painted
Straight Daises (Marble Ltd Ed) - Painted
Sysuul - Standard and Jade - Painted
The Pit - Standard and Jade Limited Edition - Painted, with and w/o magnets
The Serpent's Trove - Painted, with and w/o magnets
Tote Bag
Wicked Dungeon Trove - Painted, with and w/o magnets

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:57 am

A couple of things (well maybe more):

each backer will make their own interpretation on what the update contains and what it doesn't and put that with what is important to them and so you get a wildly different set of reactions to the same update.

We clearly react differently to a number of Doofers here. This being a Kickstarter straight away we are not expecting an exact timetable, this is DF so they will deliver and their comms will be sparse. So we adapt our expectations accordingly as so are not so concerned by what others have posted.

So to say what would happen in the backer community if DF said this or that is pure speculation - which, to be fair, is exactly what these forums are for :)

We would prefer more comms from DF even if we don't expect it.
We would like to know what is the sequence of events for EU backers to receive their pledges.
We want to know if the Lava bridge investigation and the Elevation Platform redesign will affect it.
We don't expect a timetable as events out of DFs control invite failure to stick to it.
As Marcoreds pointed out (either here or in another thread) most of mainland Europe shutdown in August (does not seem to happen in the UK) and so any deliveries from the EU hub may well be further delayed.

We suspect that the Lava bridge will ship as was originally expected. It is too late to recast if it is discovered to be the only way to rectify the alignment problem. DF will then deal with the fallout (if any as there might not be a problem) post delivery.

Also unless DF are feeling particularly frisky we believe it takes a lot longer than 5 minutes to 'bang out' an official update. Takes us more that that to ensure this post is legible and typo free (still failed that check we suspect). That's without getting it reviewed it for correctness/accuracy.
Having said that more regular comms would be very much appreciated, even if it is we don't know accurate info.

But it is so much easier to deal with facts than it is with estimates and all the speculation that brings, so we get why DF do what they do.

Also pretty sure we went through all this a year ago with KSIV. Though this time SirGeekJeff has some official standing in DF and has provided much extra info - Thanks SGJ :)
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

Talistran
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Talistran » Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:36 pm

oddbender wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:05 pm
geekjeff wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:03 am
I agree that communication could be improved for next time, and as always DF always welcomes feedback about how they might be able to improve things.
The thing is, it's not too late for this time. That's my feedback.
Do you mean that they could spend two minutes to send an update now?!?!?!

I don't think so...

Talistran
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Talistran » Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:35 pm

Law wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:07 pm
szabbran wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:53 am

I would say too that having so many channels of communication (KS comments, KS updates, the forums, etc) also probably weakens the perception of DF comms overall. You all have been extremely responsive and informative, but sometimes I find if I'm not keeping tabs on all 3+ channels I'll miss something until it gets rolled up into an update from Nate, but at that point it may be a week or more longer than expected.
Excellent point!

I think the only communications that matter are official KS updates, circulated to backers. That way anyone who's backed gets the update. Honestly, does anything else make sense? Someone's given you money, they shouldn't have to hunt down information in the forums or combing through the KS comments. Send them an update, it's simple.

And I do appreciate the fact that an official KS update came out ten days ago, but, to be frank -- no, that's not often enough. The update was a little ambiguous on key issues, it started a rumor mill, and it provided no idea when more information would be coming. Sure, many people were fine and could be patient, others were mildly impatient but understanding, still others were annoyed. But absolutely NOBODY would be bothered by more communication, so the result is: there's no harm to weekly updates, and no benefit to waiting, and at least some people WILL be annoyed by the wait. So, yeah, when that's the math, ten days with no new updates is too long.

And, again, it seems sometimes that the people on the team don't realize that what you consider "no real information to give out" is often still valuable news to us.

"We're just shipping things out as fast as we can, there's nothing new to say" can be valuable information when you reveal "this is how many packages we're shipping a day, this is about how many we have to ship"

"We don't know when the next container will get here" can be valuable information just by revealing "Sorry, we can't say when the next container will get here because we don't know"

As we saw recently "There's too much stuff on the container to list it all, it would take forever" can be valuable information when you reveal "it definitely doesn't have the elevation trays, it does have a lot of add-ons but we're not sure if it has all of them, it may be missing a few even on top of the elevation tray" or "it is only encounters" or even "we're not sure what is on it, it may be only encounters or only add ons or a mix of both, but it's not absolutely everything."

And certainly when things like "oops, the elevation trays are taking awhile" or "oops, the lava bridge is taking awhile" come up, that needs to be squared with earlier statements. If you say at week 1, "things are shipping, we expect it all to ship by end of July" and then you have a problem, you have to go back and explain how that problem impacts your initial prediction.

Finally, remember it's not a choice between "rampant speculation" and "certain prediction." Of course we understand that nobody wants to promise "delivery by the end of July!" when you can't know that. But when you explain the factors and concerns and issues and goals, it should be clear that you're not guaranteeing anything but you ARE giving us information that helps us know what's going on. "This will cause a delay, we don't know how long, we hope it will be a month, but it could go longer, we hope to know more in 3 weeks." That's fine. It's better than total silence.

That would be my attempt at constructive advice for KS6 -- hope it comes off as helpful for people and not just whining!
Those are all excellent points... However...

It takes 1 to 5 minutes to send out an official update. And they are VERY busy. ;)

Talistran
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Talistran » Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:29 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:59 pm
I got both. I figure if I don't like the jade or the regular, I can sell the extra off at a later date.
Who are you kidding... sell one off? That would break the completeness of your collection!

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:01 am

I think they are doing all international in one shipment, so maybe, but I would bet August

HeroQuestFrance
Ogre
Ogre

Post by HeroQuestFrance » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:16 am

The dleivery in France will be later than u guys.
Think I'll get the dod in september/october.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:03 am

Me neither. I am sure unpacking a whole container is a lot of work. I was hoping for an update this week, but maybe when the next KS is exactly a week away. 11 short hours.

Phoenix Rising
Orc
Orc

Post by Phoenix Rising » Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:53 am

Haven't heard of anyone getting shipping notices for Containers 2 & 3 contents yet. Those are definitely more massive check-ins than simply Encounters 1-6 (painted/unpainted, with/without magnets). If 3 showed up this week, it might not be fully binned at the warehouse yet.