Is my dungeon of doom here yet

zenako
Orc
Orc

Re: Is my dungeon of doom here yet

Post by zenako » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:25 am

Oh yes, I had a number of "hitchhikers" and pending a double check of all packaging one escapee (crossbow trap magnetic wall attachment).

LadySabelle
Ogre
Ogre

Post by LadySabelle » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:21 am

Keeping a running total of any issues, then send it all at once will make things run smoother and is much appreciated. Missing parts are sent directly from the factory to Chuck, where he double checks them before sending them on to you. Our Customer Support Guru is separate from the warehouse and isn't caught up in the mad dash of shipping but it's still easier for him if you can stand to wait until you know the full extent of any problems. I only mentioned the hitchhiking parts because it's a known issue.
Unless I specifically state that my information is directly from Valoria, my comments are just my own opinions.
http://ladysabelledesigns.com/

geekjeff
Ogre
Ogre

Post by geekjeff » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:31 am

zenako wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:17 am
Lady S,

IF we are missing anything, would you recommend that we wait until ALL shipments have arrived and just tally up the missing items in one email, or do it piecemeal as each shipment arrives. I was thinking that one email at the end of the shipments makes more sense. DF has always been excellent in replacing anything that was missing for me so I have zero complaints about their customer service.
I think unless you've got a total showstopper of a problem - on the order of, you got an incorrect encounter or had one from 1-6 missing entirely - yes please hold missing item requests until your full order has been delivered. It's pretty unlikely that missing parts requests can be handled until all initial shipping is completed anyways, and just sending one email makes it easier all around.

geekjeff
Ogre
Ogre

Post by geekjeff » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:27 am

zenako wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:15 am
OK maybe I am really just missing something, but in Encounter 4, there are 4 Freestanding corner walls included in that kit. However, there is no place in the published configuration that you would use them, and there are not enough plain floor tiles to replace the angled corners with plain floor and freestanding wall. I am not complaining about the "extra" resources, just wondering where in that layout they thought those walls might be getting used? Those walls were part of the base Encounter 4 and not a stretch goal. Ultimately this is NOT a concern since I may never actually end up with this exact room set up and more stuff is more stuff.
Those were accidentally included in the Deadly Corners parts graphic at the Kickstarter launch. Bit of a mixup, I suspect someone was working on the Lever Chamber and Deadly Corners graphics at the same time and pasted that component into the wrong one.

But since people had already pledged money for the encounter as it stood, it wouldn't have been right to remove goodies from it. So they stayed in as free extras basically. Enjoy your 4 extra pieces! Your Corners are 36% more Deadly.

This set config might change for future retail, to just contain the parts to build the Encounter as shown. Or more likely, changing it may be more trouble and the config stays as-is and the retail price gets adjusted accordingly. They are handy pieces to have and it is kind of a workhorse, bread and butter Encounter.

zenako
Orc
Orc

Post by zenako » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:17 am

Lady S,

IF we are missing anything, would you recommend that we wait until ALL shipments have arrived and just tally up the missing items in one email, or do it piecemeal as each shipment arrives. I was thinking that one email at the end of the shipments makes more sense. DF has always been excellent in replacing anything that was missing for me so I have zero complaints about their customer service.

zenako
Orc
Orc

Post by zenako » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:15 am

OK maybe I am really just missing something, but in Encounter 4, there are 4 Freestanding corner walls included in that kit. However, there is no place in the published configuration that you would use them, and there are not enough plain floor tiles to replace the angled corners with plain floor and freestanding wall. I am not complaining about the "extra" resources, just wondering where in that layout they thought those walls might be getting used? Those walls were part of the base Encounter 4 and not a stretch goal. Ultimately this is NOT a concern since I may never actually end up with this exact room set up and more stuff is more stuff.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:37 am

I have been very impressed with DF quality control

KSI one extra L wall
KSII one extra tall stalagmite
KSIII one stone half roof for a terracotta half roof
KSIV Perfect.

And I was glad to get the terracotta half roof for variety. Never had a problem I needed to contact DF about.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Rabbit Burner » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:20 am

LadySabelle wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:01 pm
So when you inventory your pledge, double check for those small pieces.
Noted Lady S :)

Was very impressed with my castles pledge, which was quite significant, that everything was correct, no inventory issues at all.
Was impressed with Cities that I only had two issues, one I was happy with and the other DF corrected no quibble or return :)
I am the Game and I want to Play

LadySabelle
Ogre
Ogre

Post by LadySabelle » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:01 pm

Make sure to carefully check your magnetic walls/floors for the magnetic accessories. (especially the wall glyphs) The new bagging system means that some of the small accessories can escape in transit and hitchhike with other pieces. When Chuck was at the warehouse, doing his quality checks, he noticed it mostly in the painted sets but it can happen to anyone. So when you inventory your pledge, double check for those small pieces.
Unless I specifically state that my information is directly from Valoria, my comments are just my own opinions.
http://ladysabelledesigns.com/

Toad Hunter
Kobold
Kobold

Post by Toad Hunter » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:37 pm

Arravis im located in Birmingham.