Space and Storage

bernyleung
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: Space and Storage

Post by bernyleung » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:48 pm

I have most of mine in plastic bins that I keep inside storage ottomans. I usually separate them by theme (dungeon stuff in one area, cavern stuff in another, city stuff in a 3rd, etc.). KS4 has such big pieces that I have separate large totes for them, though I keep some stuff segregated if they are smaller (i.e. stretch goal pieces, stairs).

kodiakbear
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Space and Storage

Post by kodiakbear » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:24 pm

Arsolos in a quest to make your life easier just take everything out of the closet now so you can use the closet for just Dwarven Forge and accessories. I mean why waste time slowing getting rid of the other things, with in a few years the closet will be just for DF so why not be proactive and get your life ready for the addiction. ;)

My guess is that you will want about 3 to 5 cu feet of storage unless you are a good packer then you can get it down to less than 3cu ft.

Arsolos
Kobold
Kobold

Space and Storage

Post by Arsolos » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:57 pm

So KS5 was my first time ever ordering Dwarven Forge. I started out planning to get Dungeon Level 1 and some add ons, but as the kickstarter went on and then the pledge manager, I found myself constantly updating until I ended up ordering a whole Dungeon of Doom... :roll: So my question is, when this arrives next spring or so, how much space should I count on all the tiles taking up? Like am I thinking a single storage bin in my closet can hold it, or should I plan for a larger storage area? Also, how does everyone store their tiles? Do people generally store them in their original boxes or organized by sets? Or organized by type? Just started working on the logistics of owning a large quantity of DF and wanted to see what everyone else is planning as far as storage and exactly how much space I should have cleared for it. Thanks!

Arsolos