Shipping Update Please

Pizzabagel
Orc
Orc

Re: Shipping Update Please

Post by Pizzabagel » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:32 pm

Woohoo! Received my UPS notice at 6 pm tonight. 4 boxes to be delivered Wednesday!

nielsene
Orc
Orc

Post by nielsene » Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:21 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:03 pm
I find it interesting that it appears they are sending multiple smaller boxes instead of huge boxes like in prior kickstarters. My DoD is 8 boxes total. With prior KS deliveries, I'd assume it would be around 3 big boxes.
I think to a large degree they just re-use the boxes that come from the factory, and for whatever reason the factory bundled things into smaller boxes this time. The UPS guy was happy that each individual box was under 30 pounds. Its possible with the added weight of things like terrain trays/elevation boxes (due to the metal sheet, they are heavy for their bulk) that they had to split to smaller boxes for better delivery quotes?

pacarat
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by pacarat » Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:17 pm

My son just got his remaining sets delivered here today.

That elevation platform is crazy impressive. Glad I got three of them.

My last shipment is due shortly, per DF email from Johanna.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:03 pm

I find it interesting that it appears they are sending multiple smaller boxes instead of huge boxes like in prior kickstarters. My DoD is 8 boxes total. With prior KS deliveries, I'd assume it would be around 3 big boxes.
106 Resin and 202 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Pizzabagel
Orc
Orc

Post by Pizzabagel » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:42 am

I grew up in the Bronx in a heavy Jewish/Italian neighborhood. Hence the uniquely American holy union of the “pizza bagel.” Undeniable proof that there is a God, and God loves the USA. 😊

Hope you feel better soon. The dwarvenite needs you!

nielsene
Orc
Orc

Post by nielsene » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:38 am

Ahh must have been pizza and bagel which I associate with NYC :)

Sadly/luckily I've been working from home, sick, since Wednesday. So I have all this Dwarvenite around me and little /no energy to use it....

Pizzabagel
Orc
Orc

Post by Pizzabagel » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:38 am

...also if I still lived in NY, I’d be sleeping on Nate and Stefan’s doorstep, begging for dwarvenite from pedestrians like a homeless panhandler...☹️

Pizzabagel
Orc
Orc

Post by Pizzabagel » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:35 am

I got my preshippment on Monday, my UPS shipping notice on Wednesday, and delivery on Thursday. I think I remember that you're in the NYC area? so should also only be one day in transit for you once you get the ups notice. (If they can get to Boston in a day, they should be able to get to NYC as its closer).
[/quote]

Nope, I’m in Tallahassee, Florida. I guess in the South they have to scan all packages first for “Devil’s paraphernalia” (just kidding). Congrats on receiving your shipment! Enjoy!

nielsene
Orc
Orc

Post by nielsene » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:29 am

Pizzabagel wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:21 am
Gah! Hate to sound like a dwarvenite drug addict, but I can’t stand the suspense of waiting. Thankfully I received a preshipping notification Monday, but no UPS shipping notice yet as of Friday...
I got my preshippment on Monday, my UPS shipping notice on Wednesday, and delivery on Thursday. I think I remember that you're in the NYC area? so should also only be one day in transit for you once you get the ups notice. (If they can get to Boston in a day, they should be able to get to NYC as its closer).

nielsene
Orc
Orc

Post by nielsene » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:26 am

GDBroker wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:01 pm
Good news, bad news situation for me. Good news, two boxes containing all my remaining pieces for my DoD was scheduled to arrive today. More good news, they both arrived as scheduled! Bad news? Gorgon Tiers and Lava Bridge Part 1 were both on the shipping notice and packing list, but were missing. Fired an email to DF who I'm sure will take care of it. So I guess (good news!) that I have more DoD goodness to look forward to!

Side note, the Marble and Jade are SWEET!
Sounds like your shipment missed a package or two. Did your notice tell you how many total packages to expect? Since I seem recall my Lava Bridge Pt1 completely filled its own external shipping box. Gorgon Tiers might have also been packaged by itself. (Out of the five boxes I got yesterday, I think I remember two of them being only one small box inside.)