Shipping Update Please

zenako
Orc
Orc

Re: Shipping Update Please

Post by zenako » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:54 pm

So for context, If they only sent out 1000 sets of encounters 1-6 at 29lbs per box, that is 29,000lbs of dwarvenite or close to 15 tons of material!!! That is a LOT of product. With close to 3000 backers, the number of TONS of this stuff is staggering.

geekjeff
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by geekjeff » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:07 pm

Next waves will start in late June, some of the containers are already on the water. Priority is getting North America Encounters 1-6 clear of the warehouse first, later orders will be grouped to ship as efficiently as possible.

I know, this last bit of waiting is the hardest part.

Hopefully we'll see an International shipping update soon. Somewhat ironic thing is since those orders are being held until production is complete but will ship from China (and don't have to go to US East coast first) some of you will probably be seeing later Encounters and addons before US backers do.

subtalon
Goblin
Goblin

Post by subtalon » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:53 pm

The first shipments are going out, I hope to get mine Friday, has anyone found out the target for the next wave of shipments?

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Rabbit Burner » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:15 am

Much to unpack here, well apart from any actual dwarvenite!
Law wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:35 am
I will say this - trying to comfort myself- waiting for DoD is MARGINALLY easier than waiting for Cities and Castles. With those, until I had them in hand I wasn't entirely sure how they worked and what it would be like to work with them.
Looked to us like you worked out castles pretty quick, your builds helped us get through the wait of getting our castle at the backend of fulfilment, so many thanks for that :).

DoD is so much easier to see how it can be used - big advantage over Cities and Castles.
kitenerd wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:35 pm
NO WAY!!!

KS V is WAAAAYYYYY more exciting than cities or castles
YES WAY

To be fair castles are so much more our thing than dungeons, totally love everyones enthusiasm for DoD, DF got it right to go back underground.
kitenerd wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:35 pm

Chocolate & Vanilla my friend, that's why there are sooo many flavors ;)
That is True
Vegomatic wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:46 pm
EVERY one of their kickstarters is EXCITING!!!
That is also True.
I am the Game and I want to Play

agro23
Goblin
Goblin

Post by agro23 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:17 pm

Got my shipping notice finally! Or at least the notice that they're packing it up in the next few days. Can't wait.

Phoenix Rising
Orc
Orc

Post by Phoenix Rising » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:58 pm

No notifications yet. Wondering if they're working through orders with painted first...

Law
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Law » Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:59 pm

HAHAHHAHAHA! To be clear, this one isn't less EXCITING -- it's just less of an unknown mechanic. I know exactly how I can use these and how the sets work. I had a lot more questions about how the Cities and Castles worked, and needed to see them in hand to work it all out.

Vegomatic
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Vegomatic » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:46 pm

EVERY one of their kickstarters is EXCITING!!!

I want my stuff... and still no word on my encounters 1,3 and 6. <heavy sigh>

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:35 pm

NO WAY!!!

KS V is WAAAAYYYYY more exciting than cities or castles... i haven't been this pins and needles since KS1!!!!

Chocolate & Vanilla my friend, that's why there are sooo many flavors ;)
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

Law
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Law » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:35 am

Waaaaah! Nothing for me yet.

I will say this - trying to comfort myself- waiting for DoD is MARGINALLY easier than waiting for Cities and Castles. With those, until I had them in hand I wasn't entirely sure how they worked and what it would be like to work with them. DF explained it all well enough, but until you do it yourself it's still a bit ambiguous. I was just barely able to breathe waiting for the opportunity to sort through it all and see what I could do.

With DoD, it's different. It looks super amazing, but the basic mechanic is old school DF. I have the same excitement over it, but not the same need for answers. So I can be a SMIDGE more patient.