Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: Paenitet Me

Post by Rabbit Burner » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:55 am

Harneloot wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:03 pm
kitenerd wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:12 am
I'm only half joking - i think when all was said and done i had something like 11 different Pledge plans (with names like: Total Doom, Doom Light, Partial Doom, a Modicum of Sanity...).
Curious which *named pledge* won out in the end...Was it Doom Light? Partial Doom? :)
Was there a 'Sanity Shmanity' pledge plan ?
I am the Game and I want to Play

Harneloot
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Harneloot » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:03 pm

kitenerd wrote:
I'm only half joking - i think when all was said and done i had something like 11 different Pledge plans (with names like: Total Doom, Doom Light, Partial Doom, a Modicum of Sanity...).
Curious which *named pledge* won out in the end...Was it Doom Light? Partial Doom? :)

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:22 pm

But the important thing is you got a pit.

To me the Sanctum was all more than enough to establish a snake theme. The Pit was something i will use in other contexts because it is so classic (and the gold snake floors were one of my favorite pieces).

The hard part for me was deciding which scheme - i went with Jade, but if i do get an Antechamber i would want the regular paint job - i like the orange flame corner walls much better than the jade/green.

That was the best part of KSV. Lots of choices and lots of SMALL choices. I just couldn't add $300 encounters willy nilly, but $45 here and $68 there and i got a TON of awesomeness
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

Law
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Law » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:13 pm

Funny - I came close to skipping the pit. It's cute enough, but the lack of walls bugged me, and I'm not super wild about the snake floors. Of all the stuff in the Temple, that excited me the least.

In the end, I picked up every Temple add-on in both Jade and regular, except the Pit which I only got the regular version for. (I went this way instead of getting the encounter because even though the per-piece price is higher, it's still slightly fewer pieces for a slightly cheaper price and I didn't need the full amount so this way I saved some money.)

Seraphis the Bland
Orc
Orc

Post by Seraphis the Bland » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:40 am

kitenerd wrote:
Seraphis the Bland wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 12:00 pm
That surface transition hole is neat. The collectors sets all had something to offer. I'm kicking myself right now, how did I not notice until this morning that I could have bought the temple ante-chamber? I never freakin' saw it! (sigh) Guess I'll buy it when it hits the web store. Was that an add-on set during the campaign? or did it just show up in the pledge manager?
Clearly you didn't spend the requisite 137 hours required to create a dozen different pledges, plug them into various spreadsheets, compare the piece count and the value and then start over again.

For the record - I got the Sanctum and the Pit but skipped the Ante Chamber - something had to go ;)
Ha ha. True, I didn't make multiple models.I also think the temple stuff has grown on me with time. Well, we'll see what's available in the web store after the KS.

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Rabbit Burner » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:28 am

kodiakbear wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:27 am
Rabbit Burner wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:14 am
kodiakbear wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:43 am
For me I went with the Pit and the Ante Chamber sets, I won't do to many snake cult builds but I had to have the floor tiles since they will work in ancient Greek type builds.
In our experience every city has a snake cult, slippery buggers always picking on our short tooths!
But the snakes say it is the other way around. Why one time Monty the python told me about a beast of a rabbit in Caerbannog.
Typical anti Lagomorphic propaganda!

Did 'Monty' also tell you about the Snake Cult priests from Antioch and their weapons of mass-lagomorph destruction ?

kodiakbear
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by kodiakbear » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:27 am

Rabbit Burner wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:14 am
kodiakbear wrote:
For me I went with the Pit and the Ante Chamber sets, I won't do to many snake cult builds but I had to have the floor tiles since they will work in ancient Greek type builds.
In our experience every city has a snake cult, slippery buggers always picking on our short tooths!
But the snakes say it is the other way around. Why one time Monty the python told me about a beast of a rabbit in Caerbannog.

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Rabbit Burner » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:14 am

kodiakbear wrote:

kodiakbear
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by kodiakbear » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:43 am

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:12 am

Seraphis the Bland wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 12:00 pm
That surface transition hole is neat. The collectors sets all had something to offer. I'm kicking myself right now, how did I not notice until this morning that I could have bought the temple ante-chamber? I never freakin' saw it! (sigh) Guess I'll buy it when it hits the web store. Was that an add-on set during the campaign? or did it just show up in the pledge manager?
Clearly you didn't spend the requisite 137 hours required to create a dozen different pledges, plug them into various spreadsheets, compare the piece count and the value and then start over again.

For the record - I got the Sanctum and the Pit but skipped the Ante Chamber - something had to go ;)
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939