Price in the webstore

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Price in the webstore

Post by dice4hire » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:14 am

That is the idea. After 100 it goes up pretty slowly. Still waiting to hear total details of their bulk shipping system. Nate did say in the recent interview they would batch all orders for a given month and sent them out together, trying to reduce costs. Not a bad idea.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:56 am

I thought 15.5% was bad and did the order, but 50% is not doable to me. So sorry man. :(
Maybe a larger order is the way to go? :?: ;)
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:52 am

I tried an order for 200 and the shipping was a hundred to Japan. I think it went up quite a bit.

I'll wait to order.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:59 am

I just made an order for $218 (7 items) and the shipping was $34 to the west coast.
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

Talistran
Orc
Orc

Post by Talistran » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:32 pm

Kryzsko wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:08 pm
Talistran wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:43 pm
Mushu_Green wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:00 pm
Starter dungeon in the webstore ! Only 4$ more than in the KS. Not bad :)
Yah, saw that the other day. And it is a little sad that the incentive to buy during the KS is shrinking by pricing be so similar.
For me once shipping is added the KS is a huge discount. $27.83 for shipping of one starter set. So for me the KS is a savings of $31.83 just on one unpainted starter set. Almost half the price of buying through the website and this is why I buy almost nothing from the website.
I've bought twice off of the website, one $700 and one $1000 order. Both times the shipping was less than 10% off (one was 5.3% and the other 6.1%) of the total cost. Yes, you're going to pay a lot to ship a single item. Which is why I only order big orders. Which sucks, because they rarely have a lot of stuff in stock. So, I do hear your pain.

The number one reason to order from a KS in my opinion is AVAILABILITY. It is all available, and it will NEVER all be available again. Shipping cost savings are number two. The number one reason use to be savings in costs. We loan them money, they use it for a year and in exchange for trusting in them and their product, they give us a large discount. Well, that part is going away still :)

But the other two are still there.

Kryzsko
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Kryzsko » Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:08 pm

Talistran wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:43 pm
Mushu_Green wrote:
Yah, saw that the other day. And it is a little sad that the incentive to buy during the KS is shrinking by pricing be so similar.
For me once shipping is added the KS is a huge discount. $27.83 for shipping of one starter set. So for me the KS is a savings of $31.83 just on one unpainted starter set. Almost half the price of buying through the website and this is why I buy almost nothing from the website.

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Rabbit Burner » Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:21 am

With uncle on this one - cheaper is still cheaper so an easy win, and it's guaranteed to be in stock another win.

On average the store is 10% more expensive than KS prices.
I am the Game and I want to Play

unclebilly
Ogre
Ogre

Post by unclebilly » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:03 pm

I for one do not have a problem with the price difference form KS to store prices. I am more than willing to keep investing in the KS. You still get a discount plus free shipping for the US. But more important it gets the stuff made. Not having the price go up to much in the store is also good. If I need to add more later on I can without breaking the bank or feeling like dang I should have bought more during the KS. It is a win win to me.

geekjeff
Ogre
Ogre

Post by geekjeff » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:22 pm

Well, the 4 dollar difference on Unpainted is a 13 percent discount (less difference for Painted, oddly) but as always, for US backers the free shipping is a huge factor.

Shipping cost scaling always suffers from the “first 5 pounds problem” - one set of these costs 22 bucks, 4 sets costs 25 and then it scales by roughly $5/set.

But, $31 delivered Kickstarter pricing for unpainted versus $40 shipped retail? Sounds like a pretty good discount to me.

Talistran
Orc
Orc

Post by Talistran » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:43 pm

Mushu_Green wrote: