Price in the webstore

Law
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Price in the webstore

Post by Law » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:18 am

Actually, I kinda take it back. What bugs me isn't the timing, or even the silence - it's the fact that they keep going bigger and more complex despite never having ironed out the issues with simpler and more straightforward.

Magnets in City Builder falling out? Castles will DEPEND on magnets!

Magnets in castles causing issues still? Magnetic accessories for DoD!

Some pieces warp or don't line up right in DoD? Caverns will involve multiple interlocking puzzle pieces!

Until warping, alignment and magnet issues are resolved to a much greater degree, it's gonna bug me that we seem to depend on them more and more. I know DF likes to dazzle with wow innovation - but let's walk before we run, guys!

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:28 am

Yes, it is best to wait and see if the problems reported are isolated or endemic. In the end, I am pretty easy to please, and with getting mostly unpainted, it makes it easier to please me.

See what DF has to say, though I fear they will say little or nothing.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Rabbit Burner » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:21 am

DF general comms is not their strongpoint as they seem to stick to the strategy of waiting until they have a resolution for the problem before highlighting the problem.
There is merit in that.
Generally a negative post with no resolution will only get a negative reaction. The downside is that they are keeping relevant information from us.

The QC issues are disappointing, we are sure there are many reasons for it, but when you buy a product you expect it to be as advertised.
The issue which is giving us concern at the moment is the corners. But not fetched with the lack of a finished paint job either.

Having said that we will wait until we got I in our paws as we heard a lot of doom and gloom when castles were arriving in backers hands.
When we got it, we had very few issues.
We were lucky or more easily satisfied (somewhere in-between probably)
I am the Game and I want to Play

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:09 am

DF can be annoying silent at times.

Law
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Law » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:46 am

Agreed. I backed the 4H Mythic Legions KS around the same time, and it's shipping around the same time (I'll have my figs in September, it seems). But all along there have been updates about QC issues and delays to ensure absolute top-notch final product. I know DF can deliver that. It frustrates me when they don't.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:17 am

It is really QC that bugs me. DF says they need a delay to make it perfect and .... it ain't perfect.

Law
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Law » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:15 am

Yeah, I don't mind the delay in principle. But it's frustrating how the launch of the new KS coincides with the delivery of the last one. Shipping delays and QC issues are not good buzz to encourage backers on a new venture.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:36 pm

Well, not a big one.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:35 pm

I also do not see a 2019 kickstarter, it is just taking too long.

kodiakbear
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by kodiakbear » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:21 pm

Talistran wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:20 pm
dice4hire wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:56 pm
A few KSes will tell you the ship the product is on so you can track the ship across the wide ocean. DF does not do that, though.
Other kickstarters have something to prove and a reputation to uphold, IMO. DF has always fulfilled... up til now, they have been pretty good on time. And a few months late isn't terrible when it comes to KS or product fulfillment... ESPECIALLY when you look at the amount of product and the complexity of its production.
I just hope after KS6 goes all out and does for caverns what KS5 did for dungeons, DF will do a small KS and get back to delivering in the early spring. I hold no illusions of this happening for KS6, I expect KS6 to deliver in October of 2019.

Perhaps they should just do a really huge outdoor terrain KS for KS7 and it can delivery in the early spring of 2022 after a year and a half of production. ;)