Ogre
Ogre

Re: Price in the webstore

Post by GardenDM » Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:18 pm

Rabbit Burner wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:53 pm
Law wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:59 am
Unfortunately my AC broke this weekend - so a big part of my DF budget just became my AC budget ....

TRAGEDY
aww poo - sorry to hear that Law :(

One advantage of living in the UK, is you only need AC for about 4 days a year, so you can put up with it.
So as Dwarvenite is needed 24/7/365 it is clear where we should invest our finds.
Similar situation here in Seattle and surrounding areas. We got a portable unit that we hook up for the summer to help us sleep cooler, but that's about it. :)

Law
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Law » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:09 pm

I miss living in Boston - it had the same temperate climate and the same general uptight culture (my family is English so I fit right in!)

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:53 pm

Law wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:59 am
Unfortunately my AC broke this weekend - so a big part of my DF budget just became my AC budget ....

TRAGEDY
aww poo - sorry to hear that Law :(

One advantage of living in the UK, is you only need AC for about 4 days a year, so you can put up with it.
So as Dwarvenite is needed 24/7/365 it is clear where we should invest our finds.
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

Law
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Law » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:59 am

TRAGEDY

zenako
Ogre
Ogre

Post by zenako » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:25 am

dice4hire wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:18 am
Just buy bigger drawers, or more drawers, and the justification is much easier.
That is generally the way I operate... (hence the addition we built on our house some years back....needed more rooooom!!) It helps that the wife plays as well.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:38 am

I was actually referring to this mythical VI one, but yeah the mini one is just as mythical.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Law
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Law » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:20 am

geekjeff wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:26 pm
dice4hire wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:03 pm
Next kickstarter? When did this happen? Why was I not informed????? :)
We’re doing another Kickstarter? Are you sure? ;)
Based on the poll asking us which minis we'd want in a minis Kickstarter, and the times Stefan has posted about a minis KS on FB, and the interview with Stefan and Nate where they said another KS was in the works for 2018...

Yeah, pretty sure, yeah. ;)

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:18 am

Just buy bigger drawers, or more drawers, and the justification is much easier.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

geekjeff
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by geekjeff » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:21 am

Back to sorta on topic (what was the topic again?)

I tend to regard the Kickstarters as an opportunity to get a solid base and sampler, try not to be a completionist because that way lies madness, and then fill in with webstore purchases once I’ve had a change to play.

With the exception of base Dungeon or base Cavern pieces, I try to restrain myself to one drawer full in my storage units for any environment. Because honestly, that’s enough for me to cover a reasonable amount of table for anything I “need” to do.

I have a drawer of Tudor and a drawer of Stone. A drawer of Streets & Alleys (actually I could squeeze another Streets Starter in there, but don’t feel like I need it) and one more Monster Sewer when they’re back in stock will finish those. Went halfsies on a drawer for Ice Caverns and “Will Be Lava Caverns If I *cough* Ever Actually Paint Them.”

Castles were their own special wallet wrecking thing, but even still - I have a drawer of 6” towers and their roofs & bits, one of 4” towers and all their bits, one of Battlements. And then the unholy mess that is the walls and spacers and floors just spill across multiple things.

If there’s a Mega set offered in the Kickstarter for something I like, I’ll try to buy that and maybe one more small set (Erinthor and Cliffs, Khri Colony and Accessories) and then see what I feel I’m lacking once they arrive. When that drawer gets full, I cut myself off. =P