Price in the webstore

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Price in the webstore

Post by dice4hire » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:53 pm

I bet I could cause panic posting that on the KS comments. I will not do it, of course.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

geekjeff
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by geekjeff » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:26 pm

dice4hire wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:03 pm
Next kickstarter? When did this happen? Why was I not informed????? :)
We’re doing another Kickstarter? Are you sure? ;)

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:20 pm

Our attitude is to get every we want (and afford) during the Kickstarter and try to avoid retail, though have bought a few items in retail but try to keep it to a minimum
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:03 pm

Next kickstarter? When did this happen? Why was I not informed????? :)

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:57 pm

I buy during the KS and rarely anything afterwards from the store. Though I do want an extra Monster Sewers and more alleys to go with my Imperial Streets. (However my funds are being saved for the next kickstarter...)
100 Resin and 237 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:41 pm

Usually I also want to hit retail hard after the KS, but it depends on the KS really. KSIII I bought a ton of stuff retail, but less so for KSI and IV though I did get a bit on ebay for KSI. KSII I bought pretty much nothing after the KS except lava and river packs. I got a lot of those.

For KSV I do not anticipate getting much retail though that might change.

GardenDM
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GardenDM » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:14 pm

Law wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:54 pm
I agree the KS is the best bargain. But I tend to go as huge as I can during the KS, and SOME things have to get cut. Plus, I know that when new goodies arrive, it stokes my interest in getting more. It makes more sense to leave some things on the table for later, when I know I'll be in the mood to expand my collection, than to grab it all - because then I'll just rationalize getting duplicate sets (hell, it's all modular, you can always find a use for more!) and I'll end up spending money on things I'm more likely to regret picking up later.
Are you sure you're not me? XD

Pretty much my philosophy to a T. I grab the stuff that ignites my imagination (Burrows! Gorgon Mini, Golems, LED stuff), followed by any exclusive stuff I think I'll likely want (Jade Temple, Marble floors), and then fill in the gaps with cool, practical stuff (elevations, traps, trays, etc.).

Once I get it all in, I'll see what I really want that I might have passed on.

Law
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Law » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:54 pm

I agree the KS is the best bargain. But I tend to go as huge as I can during the KS, and SOME things have to get cut. Plus, I know that when new goodies arrive, it stokes my interest in getting more. It makes more sense to leave some things on the table for later, when I know I'll be in the mood to expand my collection, than to grab it all - because then I'll just rationalize getting duplicate sets (hell, it's all modular, you can always find a use for more!) and I'll end up spending money on things I'm more likely to regret picking up later.

Kryzsko
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Kryzsko » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:00 am

I usually go big on the KS and pick a few more things in the pre-sale but I hardly ever buy anything from the webstore. I have bought a few little odds and ends and a few resin sets but what usually happens is I put stuff in my shopping cart and see the cost of shipping and cancel my order. If DF had a free or even a half price shipping sale during the year I would buy more.

For me, the KS is the best time to buy. The fact that the prices are 10+ percent lower and free shipping makes it the best time for me to buy.

This time I may pick up a few of the trays (2 water and one more acid). I have one acid and have two lava coming. I like my one acid tray. But again, I may put them in my cart and when I see the price with shipping I may bail. That is what usually happens. If the trays are available again in KS6 I will pick them up then.

Law
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Law » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:05 am

I'm trying to decide when I want to get once things are in the store. My son really wants to get Burrows pieces, and I agree they look cool, but I'm not sure I'm ready to pull the trigger.

I definitely want to get the lava tray, and I definitely want to get at least one ledges said, possibly both. After that, I really can't tell. I did get most of what I want already. I may get the trove with the corner secret doors and ossuary inserts, which I don't have. I kinda want the eldritch pool insert and glowing obelisk but I don't want that encounter (I only want the bling).

I may just restrict myself to the lava tray and one ledges set to save my money for Ks6 (and possibly KS7, assuming it launches soon and features minis - that could be an even bigger money suck for me than caverns!)

Return to “Kickstarter 5 Discussion”