A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Talistran
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: Price in the webstore

Post by Talistran » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:20 pm

dice4hire wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:56 pm
A few KSes will tell you the ship the product is on so you can track the ship across the wide ocean. DF does not do that, though.
Other kickstarters have something to prove and a reputation to uphold, IMO. DF has always fulfilled... up til now, they have been pretty good on time. And a few months late isn't terrible when it comes to KS or product fulfillment... ESPECIALLY when you look at the amount of product and the complexity of its production.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:56 pm

I hope I am overestimating, but most KSes seem to have a similar timeline. A few KSes will tell you the ship the product is on so you can track the ship across the wide ocean. DF does not do that, though.

Blunderbuss
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Blunderbuss » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:49 pm

dice4hire wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:44 pm
Leave factory 3 weeks
Get to dock and on ship 1 week
Sail to America 4-5 weeks
Customs 1-2 weeks
Warehouse prep 1 week

2 months is minimum, I would say.
Ah, I see. Thank you for breaking it down for me; this was my first Kickstarter and I am naive on these matters.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:44 pm

Leave factory 3 weeks
Get to dock and on ship 1 week
Sail to America 4-5 weeks
Customs 1-2 weeks
Warehouse prep 1 week

2 months is minimum, I would say.

Blunderbuss
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Blunderbuss » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:23 pm

Law wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:56 pm
Now that we know that some of the DoD isn't even going to be shipping for another two months, is there any way to have product in the webstore before the final product fully ships?
May I ask where you came upon this particular information?

I picked up from the most recent update that the Elevation Platform is perhaps the biggest contributor to the delay; Dwarven Forge mentioned that the platform was “still in production,” and that it (as well as Gorgon Tiers and Lava Bridge, which contain it) are “the last sets of the production run, due to leave the factory in about 3 weeks.”

Does this truly project us out another two months?

Law
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Law » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:56 pm

Now that we know that some of the DoD isn't even going to be shipping for another two months, is there any way to have product in the webstore before the final product fully ships?

Basically, anything but the elevation platform and the encounters that rely on it -- can THOSE go up? Some of us passed up Burrows at the time, hoping to get Burrows once it was all showing up. But that day keeps moving! Gah!

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:46 am

Simple psychology and definitely true for me...

People are far more motivated by the perception of getting something for free, than they are by the equivalent discount.

I want to feel like participating in the KS is getting me free stuff, it just FEELS good.

In KS1 i went from being on the bubble about 2 sets, to pledging for three, to PMing for 5 sets because i wanted more "free stuff". KS2 same issue - I wanted the variety of the SG pack and bought more base sets so i would get more of the unique pieces.

I would love to see the SG set get created and then later sold as a Wicked Additions type set (much like KS2 is now). Price could be determined later when contents were known. I am not expecting DF to give away everything, just make us as backers "feel" like we are getting a cool set (or sets) of unique pieces for participating in the KS
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

Talistran
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Talistran » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:48 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:59 pm
I like a stretch goal based on pledged amount route. For every $X you get a set of stretch goals. The more people push the KS numbers up, the better the deal gets.
Yes. Some of us spend far more on add-ons than we do on base pledges and get "nothing" to show for it, while those who pledge the basic route get "extras."

Not too hard to understand, really. People who buy in bulk tend to get a discount. Just replace discount with stretch goals and we're at an understanding. Think of it like:

pledge $400, get 5% off
pledge $1000, get 10% off
pledge $5000, get 15% off
pledge $10000+, get 20% off

It should be really easy for DF to understand, as I guarantee you that is how the factory works.

Order 1000 units, $X price per unit.
Order 5000 units $X *.9 price per unit
Order 50000 units $X *.8 price per unit

Etc

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:59 pm

I like a stretch goal based on pledged amount route. For every $X you get a set of stretch goals. The more people push the KS numbers up, the better the deal gets.
100 Resin and 237 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Return to “Kickstarter 5 Discussion”