Price in the webstore

Seraphis the Bland
Orc
Orc

Re: Price in the webstore

Post by Seraphis the Bland » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:44 am

William wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:03 am
Gelatinous cubes that fill narrow and typical hallways. So more like a Gelatinous Irregular Boxes. ;)

+1

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:08 am

Harneloot wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:53 am
I think the *free* stretch goals that everyone got were great for KS 1 & 2 but not quite right as DF moved into more complicated KS. I still say the design of the entire KS by DF has to take into account many variables that we may all here in the peanut gallery be totally unaware of. I don't have a problem with whatever stretch goal algorithm DF comes up with as I know it will be coming with some kick ass Cavern terrain! I just hope people don't whine about it too much in the KS comments if it doesn't match their preferred Stretch Goals dreams. :D
+49

Totally agree that DF must have a good reason to do SGs the way they have, but just because they do does not necessarily make it the best way for both DF and backers. So feedback is good and we can rely on DF to heed its customers and if applicable (and that bit is important) make changes.

But you got two hopes of that last bit and one is dead ....

Apologies for anyone offended by our crude joke at the deceased Bob Hope expense - it was funnier when he was alive (RIP) though different - In our 'short tooth' days it was 'You got two hopes and Bob's left town'.
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

Harneloot
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Harneloot » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:53 am

I think the *free* stretch goals that everyone got were great for KS 1 & 2 but not quite right as DF moved into more complicated KS. I still say the design of the entire KS by DF has to take into account many variables that we may all here in the peanut gallery be totally unaware of. I don't have a problem with whatever stretch goal algorithm DF comes up with as I know it will be coming with some kick ass Cavern terrain! I just hope people don't whine about it too much in the KS comments if it doesn't match their preferred Stretch Goals dreams. :D

Rhizom
Orc
Orc

Post by Rhizom » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:38 am

kodiakbear wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:54 am

I am actually happy to pledge for unpainted DF terrain but am not fond of unpainted DF minis at all.
Funny. For me it is exactly the other way around: I would never go for unpainted terrain, since DF is doing such a great job on this. For minis on the other hand, I am not 100% happy with the prepainted and would rather paint them myself.

Maybe they could have all 4 options: painted all, painted minis only, painted terrain only and nothing painted. Having written that, it sounds rather complicated :/
Rhizom, Creeping Rootstalks of Valoria

kodiakbear
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kodiakbear » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:16 am

William wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:03 am
Gelatinous cubes that fill narrow and typical hallways. So more like a Gelatinous Irregular Boxes. ;)
My son's character went and cleared out a sewer monster in a solo adventure last weekend. Before the town guard had hired him to kill the beast they had hired a wizard to clean up the sewers, but the wizard quit when his creature was killed. The wizards cleaning creature was a gelatinous creature of his own creation.

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:09 am

kodiakbear wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:49 am
Rabbit Burner wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:39 am
With the landmark amounts 1 million etc being a monstrous mini, preferably something niche like a dead beholder (this assumes you cant already buy pre-painted dead beholders - a quick google search says you cant - feel free to correct us on that)

Does an undead beholder count?

No

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:03 am

Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

kodiakbear
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kodiakbear » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:54 am

Rabbit Burner wrote:
while reading the latest posts we started thinking that making minis the SGs would not be the worst idea in the world
Not that I really want SG to be minis, but if DF did that I would really want them to all be prepainted.

I am actually happy to pledge for unpainted DF terrain but am not fond of unpainted DF minis at all.

kodiakbear
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kodiakbear » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:49 am

Rabbit Burner wrote:
With the landmark amounts 1 million etc being a monstrous mini, preferably something niche like a dead beholder (this assumes you cant already buy pre-painted dead beholders - a quick google search says you cant - feel free to correct us on that)

Does an undead beholder count?

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:39 am

kitenerd wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:45 pm
IN KS1 some of the SG were not freebies but instead things you could buy - that was STILL very exciting as i WANTED to buy them!

The other benefit to these is that there is an immediate funding bump when everyone says "Heck, yeah i am buying that $43 add-on!!!!"

we have many times eagerly awaited an SG to be met so we can spend more!

So SGs do not have to 'free' :)
Hope they do away with SGs being effectively essential to an encounter and already shown.

while reading the latest posts we started thinking that making minis the SGs would not be the worst idea in the world, gives every backer a smattering of minis (pledge level dependant) that are also provided as usual add-ons and could lead to more retail purchases once in backers hands.
This idea harks back to the Mini Grab Bag from KSIII, we found those minis really useful though would not have pledged for any and ended up buying some through the retail store.

Return to “Kickstarter 5 Discussion”