Price in the webstore

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Price in the webstore

Post by dice4hire » Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:49 pm

Yes the impressive funding bumps were quite amazing to watch.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:45 pm

IN KS1 some of the SG were not freebies but instead things you could buy - that was STILL very exciting as i WANTED to buy them!

The other benefit to these is that there is an immediate funding bump when everyone says "Heck, yeah i am buying that $43 add-on!!!!"
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:42 pm

Talistran wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:38 pm

I don't think kitenerd's proposal has anything to do with having or not having encounters though. Just build the encounters to have all of the pieces it should have from the beginning instead of designing them after 2 million in stretch goals have been reached.

Edit/PS. I think the encounters were fun. The stretch goals tied to some encounters was not.

Exactly - i LOVE the encounters - And perhaps they should release encounters based on funding levels (IE if KSV had only grossed 1million they could not have afforded molds for Khiri and Syssul stuff). I just hated that only some folks got each SG. I also hated that the only way to get a savings was to buy encounters in sequential order.

I don't have a problem with capstones (but i sympathize with those who do) if they are tied to the location (riddle pillar) but i do have a problem with basic terrain pieces only being available in very large encounters (4x4 pool).

In summary-

YES to encounter format - it is awesome
YES to any system that lets me pick and choose encounters i want without being "penalized"
YES to EVERYONE getting SG love as often as possible

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:51 pm

I agree that the KSV stretch goals were awful s it did not feel like I was really getting anything free. I also did not have the feeling there was more out there if we had raised another 300k or so. I know stretch goals are largely planned out in advance, andht ey have to be, but the KSV model of stretch goals was really not my favorite.

Talistran
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Talistran » Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:38 pm

Rhizom wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:55 pm
kitenerd wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:32 pm
Pledge $1 - comment
Pledge $10 - comment and buy add ons
Pledge $300 - 1x SG
Pledge $550 - 2x SG
Pledge $750 - 3x SG
Pledge $1125 - 5X SG
Pledge $2000 - 10X SG
Full CoD - Whatever is appropriate for that level
To be honest, this looks a bit boring to me. I think I prefer the encounters and all the stretch goal madness we had in KSV. Even if I get less out of it for the same money.
And KS5 stretch goals were the epitome of useless and demoralizing to me. :)

I don't think kitenerd's proposal has anything to do with having or not having encounters though. Just build the encounters to have all of the pieces it should have from the beginning instead of designing them after 2 million in stretch goals have been reached.

Edit/PS. I think the encounters were fun. The stretch goals tied to some encounters was not.

Rhizom
Orc
Orc

Post by Rhizom » Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:55 pm

kitenerd wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:32 pm
Pledge $1 - comment
Pledge $300 - 1x SG
Pledge $550 - 2x SG
Pledge $750 - 3x SG
Pledge $1125 - 5X SG
Pledge $2000 - 10X SG
To be honest, this looks a bit boring to me. I think I prefer the encounters and all the stretch goal madness we had in KSV. Even if I get less out of it for the same money.

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:32 pm

An example of how by $ would work

Pledge $1 - comment
Pledge $300 - 1x SG
Pledge $550 - 2x SG
Pledge $750 - 3x SG
Pledge $1125 - 5X SG
Pledge $2000 - 10X SG

Now you have only 8 pledge levels. No discount for any tier, just more free stuff the more you spend. We can all pick and choose encounters. There is (imho) lots of incentive to stretch yourself for the next tier because you get SOOO much more free schwag. Then the cooler DF makes the SG's the more we overspend.

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:21 pm

I guess when you come to think of it - while i did not get any SG for the last 600K - i do get my LVL3 enc 1-6 shipped before everyone else... so it did work out for me that way ;)

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:05 am

Because you cannot miss the show of the century ..... or every 15 months, whichever!!!

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:54 am

The Mall is an essential location for the Zombie campaign!

Said it before, will say it again.

Everyone should get a SG each time they are released. Big Spenders 2X, 3X, 5X and 10X. By total $$$ spent is best way.

SG's should be cool utilitarian pieces that most can use. KSV examples Vaulted Open Arch Walls and various inserts, Narrow Door, Freestanding corner, elevation block, elevation pillar. Who wouldn't want extras of those, especially if they were "free" (lets not start that...)

Heck a dais takes 9 pieces - give one away every 100K and we all have a complete set by 1 Million

Big Milestones (1 million, 2 million, 3 Million) need to be awesome - secret door, corner door, 4x4 pool would be good candidates

When it is over, put a price on the SG set and make it a Trove.

I think most all of us agree this is best. I hope that DF adopts this in KS6. It was depressing in KSV to watch the last 600,000 roll by with not one SG coming my way... Why was i staying up late to watch the number roll over?