Seraphis the Bland
Orc
Orc

Re: Magnet size

Post by Seraphis the Bland » Fri May 25, 2018 4:43 pm

blunder1983 wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 3:02 pm
Hey guys,

I've been 3d printing some tiles recently, and whilst I've found the quality so so much worse than DF I've loved the connectability of all the tiles. Its really made me appreciate the magnets on offer but its a bit late to upgrade. Is anyone aware of the magnet size so I can grab some in anticipation for the arrival!

Thanks!

Chris
This is what Chuck wrote me:
"You want N50 or N52 magnets. The "N" just stands for "neo" or neodymium. The number is what indicates strength and 52 is the strongest for neodymiums. You'll want that because the magnets we use are pretty small. Despite being the "strongest", N52's are actually pretty cheap. Ebay is a great source for them. Just pay attention to the size. The largest we use for wall accessories are discs 3mm thick and 5mm across.

-Chuck"

blunder1983
Kobold
Kobold

Magnet size

Post by blunder1983 » Fri May 25, 2018 3:02 pm

Hey guys,

I've been 3d printing some tiles recently, and whilst I've found the quality so so much worse than DF I've loved the connectability of all the tiles. Its really made me appreciate the magnets on offer but its a bit late to upgrade. Is anyone aware of the magnet size so I can grab some in anticipation for the arrival!

Thanks!

Chris