Convince me not to: I'm thinking of trading/selling all of my Passage-style walls

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Convince me not to: I'm thinking of trading/selling all of my Passage-style walls

Post by AnimeSensei » Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:05 pm

Drive them up to my house and I'll store them for you. :D
106 Resin and 159 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Talistran
Ogre
Ogre

Re: Convince me not to: I'm thinking of trading/selling all of my Passage-style walls

Post by Talistran » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:01 pm

I appreciate all the advice, thank you to all.

I'm sold on the idea I will never use them. But I'll probably keep them just for "future resell value" :( Just means I have something else to store that I don't really want...

Kryzsko
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Kryzsko » Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:28 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:49 pm
To be fair to Talistran, those pictures of the minis in the passages aren't on squares; they are taking up multiple squares at once, and if you use the grid in combat, it can be an issue. My group uses the grid, but we're pretty loose about it.
I forget that many people play on a grid. I don't so I tend to forget that others do. I use them to get an idea of how far away things are but no one has to stand in the middle of a square and move square to square. I could see how it would be less useful if you play grid-based combat. I don't even care if there is a grid at all but I know a lot of people do. What one could do is use the center line between the two squares as the center of an imagined grid square.

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:43 pm

I'd hang onto the passages - they take almost no storage

they are a good solution when you are in a pinch, but take practice to get in and out of

i like them but am still on the uphill of the learning curve

rooms are better than true passages
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:49 pm

To be fair to Talistran, those pictures of the minis in the passages aren't on squares; they are taking up multiple squares at once, and if you use the grid in combat, it can be an issue. My group uses the grid, but we're pretty loose about it.
106 Resin and 159 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

bernyleung
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by bernyleung » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:53 pm

I can see the utility of building passages using only flat floor tiles without walls. For sure I can see how things will look awfully squeezed/cramped with 5' wide passages and tall walls on either side.

Dolken
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Dolken » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:12 pm

William,

Below is were I did a small write up about the sewer floors.

https://www.dwarvenforge.com/forum/view ... =34&t=7598

Worked better than superglue. And yes the floors are fused forever. And now that they are painted you really can't tell.

I should one of these days take pictures of them for you guys....

Dolken

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:47 pm

Flurry of Questions...
Was it just standard PVC pipe solvent, that binds the pieces together?
Did it work as well as superglue?
Are they now fused forever?
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:36 pm

Gluing that much must have been a lot of work.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Dolken
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Dolken » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:57 pm

Hmmm,

I can't tell you what your game group will like. I agree with animesensei in that in the aftermarket it will be harder to sell without the walls.

My group preferred full squares vs the 1/2 squares. I ended up buying 16 sewers and many sewer floors for my group. With pvc glue I was able to glue larger floors to build with.

I am not sure how the new walls will work with the minis. With the sewer design the curved walls helped with the weapons and arms.

My 2 cents.
Dolken