Forsaken Temple Wall - Not Drying?

LadySabelle
Ogre
Ogre

Re: Forsaken Temple Wall - Not Drying?

Post by LadySabelle » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:28 pm

Alarian wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:05 pm
I just opened one of my boxes with the small pillars (elevation pillars) and one was like the paint was still wet. I got black paint on my hands just from picking it up. I tried wiping it off and some did come off, but I stupidly used a Kleenex and so now I have Kleenex stuck to the pillar...
Try an alcohol wipe. It worked for me to get bits of paper towel off.
Unless I specifically state that my information is directly from Valoria, my comments are just my own opinions.
http://ladysabelledesigns.com/

Alarian
Orc
Orc

Post by Alarian » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:05 pm

I just opened one of my boxes with the small pillars (elevation pillars) and one was like the paint was still wet. I got black paint on my hands just from picking it up. I tried wiping it off and some did come off, but I stupidly used a Kleenex and so now I have Kleenex stuck to the pillar...

LadySabelle
Ogre
Ogre

Post by LadySabelle » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:07 pm

I posted about tacky paint a few weeks ago. The original pieces I sprayed with Valspar Flat Clear sealer started out fine, then a few days later were a tiny bit tacky. I sprayed a second coat, and I took to new tacky pieces, an arbalest and a free standing temple wall. All 4 pieces, 4 days later are now tacky-free. (That's a word right?)

I sprayed the worst piece, the arbalest, with Krylon flat clear sealer instead. Just to see if there would be a difference. Both sprays worked great. I honestly think that my first coat was just too light. It didn't coat enough of the surface. I plan to spray all of my tacky pieces with the Krylon and I'll post the results after a week.
Unless I specifically state that my information is directly from Valoria, my comments are just my own opinions.
http://ladysabelledesigns.com/

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:14 pm

One would think the "Expertly Hand Painted" paint job would not be tacky.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQA8Fyel24c
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:35 am

Our KS 4 Drawbridge gold detailing is still a tad tacky now.
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

unclebilly
Ogre
Ogre

Post by unclebilly » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:41 pm

GardenDM wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:17 am
I received my freestanding painted forsaken temple walls a few weeks ago and noticed they felt tacky after taking them out of their box. I took them out and placed them aside, thinking the paint (or other finish?) would dry in a few days. It's been a week (or two?) of them sitting out in a fairly hot room and they still feel just about as tacky as day one.

Has anyone else noticed this? Is there anything I should try besides reaching out to DF support? I don't have a need to use them anytime soon, but figure if they haven't dried in this amount of time, maybe they never will?

That said, I seem to recall something similar with some previous pieces (castle? or maybe city?) and those eventually dried out, so maybe more patience is called for.

The walls themselves are beautiful and the paint job is quite nice. It's just the tacky finish that I wonder about.
Yes mine are also tacky.

DevGuy
Orc
Orc

Post by DevGuy » Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:43 am

The gold paint on my KS4 pieces is still tacky, and I’ve owned those for over a year now.

I don’t think it will ever go away.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:20 am

Some of my crystal LED clusters from KS4 were slightly tacky. They are 90% better now. Still a little tacky, like I notice they aren't the same as a torch that was never tacky, but they aren't bad.
106 Resin and 159 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

GardenDM
Ogre
Ogre

Forsaken Temple Wall - Not Drying?

Post by GardenDM » Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:17 am

I received my freestanding painted forsaken temple walls a few weeks ago and noticed they felt tacky after taking them out of their box. I took them out and placed them aside, thinking the paint (or other finish?) would dry in a few days. It's been a week (or two?) of them sitting out in a fairly hot room and they still feel just about as tacky as day one.

Has anyone else noticed this? Is there anything I should try besides reaching out to DF support? I don't have a need to use them anytime soon, but figure if they haven't dried in this amount of time, maybe they never will?

That said, I seem to recall something similar with some previous pieces (castle? or maybe city?) and those eventually dried out, so maybe more patience is called for.

The walls themselves are beautiful and the paint job is quite nice. It's just the tacky finish that I wonder about.