A Brief Look at Factory Paint

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: A Brief Look at Factory Paint

Post by AnimeSensei » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:13 pm

Yeah, I've matched factory paint with just doing the cardboard or earth stone blocks, and then drybrushing with a mix of stone edge dry brush and olive dry brush. I don't know the ratio though, I just mix it until it matches.
102 Resin and 232 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

TheGallantGoblin
Kobold
Kobold

Post by TheGallantGoblin » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:56 pm

I'm reading on the KS comment section that the factory may just skip the base gray step. Does that jive with what you all understand?

TheGallantGoblin
Kobold
Kobold

Post by TheGallantGoblin » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:40 pm

I was about to post a similar picture and bemoan my apparent inability to follow directions, because I got my 2nd shipment yesterday which contained my first painted set, and it doesn't match at all with my self-painted stuff from last month. So I'm not necessarily doing something wrong? They just used a different set of paints or procedures than they lay out in the painting guide videos?
Attachments
0.jpg
0.jpg (105.07 KiB) Viewed 1500 times

Arcarius2001
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Arcarius2001 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:05 pm

Thanks for this post, very helpful. I have a bunch of KS1 that I need to paint to match to my KS5 pieces.

iPaint
Orc
Orc

Post by iPaint » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:20 am

Base material colors are the same for both KS1 and KS5, I’ve simply painted a coat of Base Gray over the tiles on the left.

~iPaint

JalanDa
Goblin
Goblin

Post by JalanDa » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:19 am

it almost seems like the base material color was darker

iPaint
Orc
Orc

A Brief Look at Factory Paint

Post by iPaint » Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:31 am

Just wanted to post a reference pic for anyone looking to copy the KS5 paint scheme. I've added a comparison of my paint scheme, which is based on Pokorny Base Gray and a variety of drybrush layers and earth tones airbrushed onto the bricks (two overbrushed gray highlights, five airbrushed brick colors, and a final unifying drybrush).

The factory paint scheme looks like a brick color of a mix of Cardboard and maybe a bit of Olive Drybrush, followed by a drybrush of what looks like maybe a mix of Olive Drybrush and a bit of Stone Edge. I'll have to mess around a bit and maybe come up with a mix that others can find useful if they want to match the KS5 paints using Pokorny Paints.

~iPaint

Return to “Kickstarter 5 Discussion”