Web-store cheaper than KS??

koraldon
Goblin
Goblin

Re: Web-store cheaper than KS??

Post by koraldon » Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:25 am

I trust that there is some logic for the fact that the store is cheaper than the kickstarter, but it still jars me very much. If I back on KS I hate to see the same products cheaper than it hits retail.
For me personally it make my decision regarding buying dreadhollow at KS6 easy - I will wait until people start posting pics and when it hits retail to make the call...

Seraphis the Bland
Orc
Orc

Post by Seraphis the Bland » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:43 am

Yeah, I'd bet it's the shipping. Shipping from the store KILLS ME! I put off buying stalagmites bc it was like half the price of the bits to ship!

nielsene
Ogre
Ogre

Post by nielsene » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:04 pm

Also maybe could be shipping related? In KS5 shipping was pre-included for US backers, and isn't in the store.

SpaceMonkey
Orc
Orc

Post by SpaceMonkey » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:49 pm

This could be from the savings to changing over to all magnetized this year.

It’s been mentioned here and there during the current campaign that prices for both magnetized and non-magnatized pieces would have been higher this KS if they had continued to offer both options.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:46 pm

DF has always been pretty much the same price, Ks to store, maybe varying 10% or so. Cheaper does seem odd though.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

koraldon
Goblin
Goblin

Web-store cheaper than KS??

Post by koraldon » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:23 pm

Maybe I'm missing something, but looking at the store, I see the remastered core, including magnets at 99$ - https://shop.dwarvenforge.com/collectio ... 7238626407
This is more expensive than the KS price at 96$, however to get magnets the price was ~103-4$… so am I missing something or is the store cheaper than KS ???

p.s. I'm all for the 99$ price tag for remastered core, it is a great set to start, just disappointed that it seems to be more expensive to buy at the KS...

Return to “Kickstarter 5 Discussion”