So I Finally Plug in My LED's and...Nothing

astolat
Orc
Orc

Re: So I Finally Plug in My LED's and...Nothing

Post by astolat » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:19 pm

FWIW I ran into a problem with one of my necromancer braziers after traveling with it, and peeking inside one of the pins of the LED had gotten pushed noticeably back. Just pulling it gently back out a bit with a tweezer fixed it in that case.

szabbran
Goblin
Goblin

Post by szabbran » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:17 pm

One of my two eldritch obelisks wasn't connecting properly at first, it seemed like the connector on the floor tile was a little off center and wouldn't allow the obelisk to sit properly without direct downward pressure. To fix, I pushed it firmly onto the connector, and then pressed lightly in against the direction that the floor connector appeared to be leaning. That seemed to re-seat it properly and now the LED elements work on their without issue.

geekjeff
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by geekjeff » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:39 pm

Green LEDs in general have a much higher light output at the same input voltage compared other colors. If you have any of the light pods/RGB tea lights that RealFX shipped with the Fog Monster, you'll find that at a given setting some colors are "ahh that's nice" in a dark room and then you flip to anything greenish and it's "THE LIGHT OF AN IMMINENT SUPERNOVA."

Arbados - if you can get your hands on any spare 2032 batteries - or if you have known good ones from older DF pieces - it's worth a slot swapping them into your new pieces and closing up the cover and as a test. Also, yes all LEDs are diodes and are thus polarized, stick them in backwards and they won't work. Should be impossible with floor pieces, but for wall sockets it's sometimes an easy mistake.

If they're still not working, contact chuck@dwarvenforge.com and he'll get it straightened out for you.

Alarian
Orc
Orc

Post by Alarian » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:08 pm

I have several floor pieces that I have to push down and hold the object down for the lights to work. I was going to contact DF once all my stuff had arrived to see what a proper fix is.

GardenDM
Ogre
Ogre

Post by GardenDM » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:15 pm

Oh god, the serpent LEDs...my vision blurs whenever I think of them. Still need to try glazing some additional paint on them to try to tone them down a bit.

Law
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Law » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:01 pm

My runic LEDs are across the board weaker than my others, and sometimes I have to fiddle with them to get them to light at all. Given that the serpent ones are uniformly insanely bright I just figured it had something to do with that batch of LEDs.

GardenDM
Ogre
Ogre

Post by GardenDM » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:48 pm

nielsene wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:07 pm
I have one runic wall LED that glows very weakly/non-existently in any socket. Not really sure how that's even possible -- would have thought it would be binary (work/don't work at the LED level). I can understand a weak battery given a weak glow, but not how the LED would be weak compared to the rest.
I've noticed that my runic wall LEDs (castle) are unidirectional. They only work when plugged in on way. All the other LEDs have worked fine plugged either way. It's just an interesting observation.

nielsene
Orc
Orc

Post by nielsene » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:07 pm

I have one runic wall LED that glows very weakly/non-existently in any socket. Not really sure how that's even possible -- would have thought it would be binary (work/don't work at the LED level). I can understand a weak battery given a weak glow, but not how the LED would be weak compared to the rest.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:22 pm

It would be cool if they can get to wireless charging coils and magnetic LEDs. No pins, just flip the switch, put the torch on the wall, and it lights up.
106 Resin and 159 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

MrMorden
Orc
Orc

Post by MrMorden » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:22 am

The two things I don't like about the LED accessories is how fragile the pins are and how hard they are to line up with the holes properly. I understand the direct connect to the LED pins is simplest, but super robust it's not.