Which Parts use Magnets?

Please restrict your posting in this Forum to questions for Jenney.
Jenney will answer questions in the Codex Valoria.
You may carry on discussions in the Pre-Kickstarter News and the Kickstarter 5 Discussion Forums.
Thwank
Goblin
Goblin

Re: Which Parts use Magnets?

Post by Thwank » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:24 am

Thanks for the responses guys! That spreadsheet is way more helpful now that you pointed out it has more than just shipping costs!

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:17 pm

Also, just as a FYI the Dungeon of Doom kickstarter pieces are the FIRST Dwarven Forge sets to use these magnets; while other DF sets may have magnets in them, they are not on the bottom of the pieces to hold them to a metal sheet. (They are for decorations or wall stability)
106 Resin and 159 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Vegomatic
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Vegomatic » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:31 pm

Welcome to the Forum!

There is a part list supplied by Dwarven Forge as a google sheet on the campaign page of the kickstarter.

It is here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Look at the various pages... it opens to the shipping costs page. Go to the pieces page. There is a column for magnetic anchor hole. The pieces with "Y" in the column can have magnets added to them.

edit: It was also indicated that the number of magnets required for each piece will be available in the pledge manager. Some of the larger pieces will need more than one and they were still working out the details of placement and number when the KS ended.

edit 2: I would not expect the magnets to be strong enough to hold the trays together with a spanning large floor tile.

Thwank
Goblin
Goblin

Which Parts use Magnets?

Post by Thwank » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:14 pm

I'm planning on building my new collection around pieces that can be prebuilt using the trays and magnets, however I haven't been able to find a list anywhere of which pieces use magnets. And im worried about getting too many/not enough and being unable to procure more/losing out on pieces I could have bought instead. Would you be able to provide a list of pieces that can use magnets/gaskets and answer a few questions?

1. for an average prebuilt set on a terrain tray to stay together do only the walls need magnets/gaskets or would I need to magnetize the floor pieces as well?

2. would I be able to use either the 4x4 or 8x8 floor pieces + magnets in order to attach terrain trays together for transport. (for example creating a 12x8 room out of 3 4x8 terrain trays). If not is their any other piece I can use to hold terrain trays together? My hope is to be able to have a 12x8 room on top of a 12x12 with a ramp on the bottom floor to allow players to move between the 2 rooms.