Australian Shipping - ShopMate

By backer request, this Forum is intended for discussions about backer experiences with Package Forwarding Companies
strid3s
Goblin
Goblin

Re: Australian Shipping - ShopMate

Post by strid3s » Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:19 am

DevGuy wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:51 pm My first DF purchase was a Royal Stronghold Castle (late pledged), the shipping for which was OK considering I didn't need to pay customs fees. Add-ons, however, are so incredibly pricey to ship to AU that it's just not worth it (IMHO). I ended up getting add-ons, but if you consider the weight and size of the add-ons it doesn't make sense - it should contribute very little to the shipping fee when ordered in addition to a good-sized pledge. In fact, the RS made up 2/3rds of the box volume + weight, yet the addons cost more to ship than the RS (!). And it as shipped together

The problem seems to be that the shipping fees assume you are ordering that one box and do not consider nor grant the saving of consolidation. Which doesn't make sense. If one little box is $10 to ship, 3 of said little box should cost perhaps $15, not $30.

I'm really at a loss on what to do for Dungeons. I don't need any of this stuff (don't play RPG's), and I've wavered between a full DOD pledge + add-ons to just skipping this thing. I'm now sitting on a dollar. All my friends who I showed DF to were really excited but when they realised that each little addon added $x shipping each one said "not worth it".

I can't help but wonder why DF doesn't work out a way to increase their int'l backer count by making the purchases more attractive. Speaking for the "other side" it's not attractive.
I hear what you are saying DevGuy, The postage is insane all round and when you consider for a medium size pledge 20% is postage around $US 100 it just sucks to know thats a full encounters worth of money lost :(
Pray for Mojo..

seeamanaboutadog
Goblin
Goblin

Re: Australian Shipping - ShopMate

Post by seeamanaboutadog » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:17 pm

I believe this system works on smaller packages and can definitely be a foil to eBay prices for shipping from the US. I've seen old modules going for 40 US $ for postage and free in US so its a good option especially if A.Post re bundle a few light purchases.
I got the whole DoD as well as my lads buying to level 4 (ie 9 sets) and 30 or so addons as well ( mostly unpainted but I like the fanatics trove and mixed sets like that painted so I can copy paint job for the rest, besides the point...).
When large purchases are made you get duties over 1k of 10%, 5k = 500$Au so when that is added to postage suddenly DF postage is looking grouse....
AKA Lughtegern Lord Of Mice.

Return to “Non-US Backers Experience with Package Forwarding”