Australian Shipping - ShopMate

By backer request, this Forum is intended for discussions about backer experiences with Package Forwarding Companies
Mitch
Goblin
Goblin

Re: Australian Shipping - ShopMate

Post by Mitch » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:01 pm

Hiya Wildhunt. Can you tell us what the pledge was or the rough weight?

wildhunt
Kobold
Kobold

Australian Shipping - ShopMate

Post by wildhunt » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:02 pm

For KS 4, I used ShopMate as a 3rd party re-shipper and today I finally got the charges.

DF Shipping direct to Australia: $134AU (converted from the US charge)
ShopMate shipping to Australia: $56.70AU (they only charge in $AU)

The above was only on a smallish pledge as well, the savings would be much more considerable only larger pledge levels.

ShopMate is a reshipping service provided by Australia Post, our national government owned carrier and therefore, a safe option. When you sign up (https://shopmate.auspost.com.au/), they provide you a US Address to use for online shopping. Sign up is free. Once received (and a 24-48 hour processing time), they email you your item has arrived and they give the shipping price to be paid. Once done, they offer a 5-7 business delivery time.

DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE FOR SMALL OR CHEAP ITEMS!!

There is a base $22.50AU processing fee but with things like DF KS, the overall shipping cost was 2.5x cheaper and I didn't have to pay it at the time if the KS.

I highly recommend all Aussies look at using this service for large shipping KS, especially where the project creators do a poor job of offering reasonable shipping rates.