What did you order !!!!

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: What did you order !!!!

Post by dice4hire » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:55 pm

Good to hear you got through it all so fast. I also have virtually all unpainted, but I have painted a lot of DF so I am not worried about getting it done.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

bernyleung
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by bernyleung » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:40 pm

I drybrushed first. Then I did accents (not too many). Then lighter drybrush. Ta-daaa!

There was only maybe thirty pieces out of many hundreds where I had to basecoat in order to match the majority of pieces. Other than that the base colour of the pieces were quite uniform.

The stretch goal pieces that had lots of micro detail got more steps, of course, with many brushings and washings, etc. That's why I left them until last. I still haven't done the heads on pikes yet - my only pieces left unpainted.

period3
Orc
Orc

Post by period3 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:17 pm

Initial drybrushing? Hmm, following the DF directions I do drybrushing last, after first picking out bricks to paint in earth stone and cardboard (I'm using two colors). I also base coated all my pieces in base gray for uniformity.

Are you only drybrushing? Maybe I should have done that.

bernyleung wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:01 am
period3 wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:12 pm
I must be doing something wrong. I ordered KS4 unpainted. In two evenings I can finish about a dozen pieces. In total I bought over 500 pieces. I have a looooonggg way to go. I won't be buying unpainted again.
Mayhap you haven't hit your stride yet. Maybe it's your organization. Or perhaps you are very detail oriented in your paint schemes.

I painted about a bajillion pieces of KS4 in abour 3 weeks. That's working 2, maybe 3 hours at a time, maybe a few extra hours on weekends. I didn't basecoat anything for most pieces - went right to initial drybrushing. I left all the pieces with most details until last (doors/hatches, flags/pennants, most stretch goal pieces). I don't know what my total piece count was, but my pledge was about 4K. The only things I got painted were cathedral roofs, and whatever KS3-type add-ons there were.

Phoenix Rising
Orc
Orc

Post by Phoenix Rising » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:04 pm

I can paint basics quickly. Floors and classic walls are no problem (given my limited experience). But give me a door or an accent piece and I bog down because I like the detail. My pillar painting experiments indicate vaulted dungeons will be a bit slow but not unbearable. I'm going to focus on what I truly need for my first DF-enhanced encounter and I'll go from there.

Good luck on the painting, all!

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:22 pm

I'm like Period3; I'm slow. I'm kind of meticulous, and that's my issue.
106 Resin and 159 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

bernyleung
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by bernyleung » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:01 am

period3 wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:12 pm
I must be doing something wrong. I ordered KS4 unpainted. In two evenings I can finish about a dozen pieces. In total I bought over 500 pieces. I have a looooonggg way to go. I won't be buying unpainted again.
Mayhap you haven't hit your stride yet. Maybe it's your organization. Or perhaps you are very detail oriented in your paint schemes.

I painted about a bajillion pieces of KS4 in abour 3 weeks. That's working 2, maybe 3 hours at a time, maybe a few extra hours on weekends. I didn't basecoat anything for most pieces - went right to initial drybrushing. I left all the pieces with most details until last (doors/hatches, flags/pennants, most stretch goal pieces). I don't know what my total piece count was, but my pledge was about 4K. The only things I got painted were cathedral roofs, and whatever KS3-type add-ons there were.

period3
Orc
Orc

Post by period3 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:12 pm

dice4hire wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:13 pm
I went a bit light on KSV and despite that am not really worried about painting it all. It will take me a full day, maybe two, as painting dwarvenite is not hard at all. No washing, or such needed. Just pick three colors or so, and go to town. It is tedious, for sure, but it is not hard to get results as good as or better than the DF paint job.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Thu May 31, 2018 3:34 am

:lol: Df will be glad to hear that. Even better

Not nearly enough.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

ChicagoBart
Goblin
Goblin

Post by ChicagoBart » Thu May 31, 2018 1:28 am

I can answer that question in two simple words:

Not enough. :P
Beware the old man in a world
----- where men die young -----

ShaynePatrick
Goblin
Goblin

Post by ShaynePatrick » Sun May 06, 2018 7:13 pm

Alarian wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 3:16 pm
>>
1x Fanatic's Trove - Painted - Include Pre-Installed Magnets for Terrain Trays
>>
Fanatic's Trove is a great looking set. I really like the smashed wall and rubble pieces - not to mention the corner door. The beauty of the encounter sets is that they really stir the imagination. Just looking at them you can probably think of two or three scenarios they fit, not to mention what can be done with the original pieces. I think presenting them as encounters really ups the sale value, because people can see a vanilla build immediately.