Last Pieces of Doom

Glendel
Goblin
Goblin

Re: Last Pieces of Doom

Post by Glendel » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:00 am

The two Dais pieces. Not included in All-in. Would buy it if it was a pack with just those two things, drop the rest and cut the price in half.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:28 pm

Yeah, I do not see this set being retail.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

nielsene
Orc
Orc

Post by nielsene » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:37 pm

The bits were in various fairly easy to get add-on sets. Just not in the all-in pledge. This was DF being nice to the all-in pledgers -- instead of making all-ins buy like 4 different add-on packs to have at least 1 of every sculpt, they put the leftovers into this extra set. Its not a set I think they'd ever restock -- just as I don't expect them to stock the complete DoD. They'll sell and stock the various encounters and add-ons, at which point the LPoD set isn't needed.

GardenDM
Ogre
Ogre

Post by GardenDM » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:35 pm

William wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:30 pm
Then it is/was a bad way to "fix" missing parts from other sets.
Apparently those were pieces that should have been in other sets with the corresponding parts. Now people with minimal buy-in still might need a part or two from this set, but now have to buy this mixed add-on to work for one or two of their "problems"? They should have just adjusted the sets that needed them and ate the mistake. Just my opinion. ;)
I didn't get that "into" the last KS, due to low funds, so I missed a lot of info while it was running, so... :?:
Isn't the Large Round Dias pieces it's own set of four already and the large round back fill pieces come with the large curved walls already. I think I got both of those smallish sets (coming today). Anyway, I still say this should have been done a different way.
Whoever had the "pull" to ask for this set and get it, will you ask DF to split every set that has everything in multiples of 2 in half for us wimpy buyers?
My recollection is that this was for the full "Dungeon of Doom" backers who wanted to ensure that their DoD pledge included everything that was available in the KS. I'm not sure why the ramp was included since they would have gotten that in the Doomroller encounter...I suppose they were getting a 2nd free boulder in that encounter and wanted a 2nd ramp for it?

So yeah, I don't think this pack would appeal to anyone but the completionist DoD backers since everything else in it is available elsewhere in a way that makes more sense.

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:30 pm

Then it is/was a bad way to "fix" missing parts from other sets.
Apparently those were pieces that should have been in other sets with the corresponding parts. Now people with minimal buy-in still might need a part or two from this set, but now have to buy this mixed add-on to work for one or two of their "problems"? They should have just adjusted the sets that needed them and ate the mistake. Just my opinion. ;)
I didn't get that "into" the last KS, due to low funds, so I missed a lot of info while it was running, so... :?:
Isn't the Large Round Dias pieces it's own set of four already and the large round back fill pieces come with the large curved walls already. I think I got both of those smallish sets (coming today). Anyway, I still say this should have been done a different way.
Whoever had the "pull" to ask for this set and get it, will you ask DF to split every set that has everything in multiples of 2 in half for us wimpy buyers?
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

nielsene
Orc
Orc

Post by nielsene » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:07 pm

It wasn't meant to go together. Its just as basket of parts that somehow were in the campaign, but didn't make it into any particular encounter. They've tried to avoid something like that happening this time (and aside from the complexity of paint schemes, succeeded).

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:55 pm

That is an odd set. I realize it's a filler set, but weird.
Nothing seems to really go together and not even a ball for the ramp.
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Last Pieces of Doom

Post by dice4hire » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:22 am

Someone on the current KS asked for this pic.
Last Pieces of Doom.jpg
Last Pieces of Doom.jpg (95.84 KiB) Viewed 785 times
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria