Other (List in Comments)
No votes

Total votes: 155

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: What minis do you MOST want?

Post by dice4hire » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:30 pm

I do second making females who are not in stereotypical roles. A few is fine, as it adds variety, but a standing mini can be different roles depending on where it is standing.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Goblinmaze

Post by Goblinmaze » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:21 pm

I would love to see:

1) Townsfolk - various races and, please, please, please make female townsfolk who are NOT barmaids or prostitutes - please and thank you! :D
2) Seated figures - again, various races
3) Valorians
4) Dead adventurers
5) Mounted figures
6) Bad ass monsters
7) Humanoid monsters
8) Adventurers

I'm eager for this Kickstarter to begin!

fnordfriendly
Orc
Orc

Post by fnordfriendly » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:50 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:40 pm
After reading through your city adventure photo log... I'm tempted!

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:40 pm

fnordfriendly wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:46 pm
Oldent, your collection is awesome, thanks for sharing. Painted metal minis on resin DF is so much more classic D&D. I have thousands of pre-painted plastic minis and metric tons of dwarvenite, but I think I'd trade it all in for 10% the quantity of painted metal minis and 10% resin DF tiles.
Send me a PM. ;)
106 Resin and 159 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

fnordfriendly
Orc
Orc

Post by fnordfriendly » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:46 pm

Oldent, your collection is awesome, thanks for sharing. Painted metal minis on resin DF is so much more classic D&D. I have thousands of pre-painted plastic minis and metric tons of dwarvenite, but I think I'd trade it all in for 10% the quantity of painted metal minis and 10% resin DF tiles.

Oldent
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Oldent » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:11 pm

Harneloot wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:18 pm
The key here with the DF minis KS though is that there is a PRE-PAINTED option. So, while there might be a lot of NPC/Villager/Sleeping/Dead etc options in the wide world of minis, how many of them come pre-painted?

There are literally HUNDREDS of pre-painted adventurers and bad-ass single monsters and I already own multiples of most of them. For us non-painters, we NEED lots more villager, sleeping, seated, dead, aristocrat, merchant etc and of lots of different races :)
I have not lobbied against pre painted figures. Considering the cost of stainless steel molds I believe the chances of finding or having them produced is better for unpainted metal.

Most of the orc villagers in my collection date back to the early 90's There is very little chance you will ever see them produced in plastic or PVC. Most of Bobby Jackson's villagers are available from bones. I have most of them in metal. You have to sell a lot of figures to make plastic pre painted figures cost effective.
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

Harneloot
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Harneloot » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:18 pm

The key here with the DF minis KS though is that there is a PRE-PAINTED option. So, while there might be a lot of NPC/Villager/Sleeping/Dead etc options in the wide world of minis, how many of them come pre-painted?

There are literally HUNDREDS of pre-painted adventurers and bad-ass single monsters and I already own multiples of most of them. For us non-painters, we NEED lots more villager, sleeping, seated, dead, aristocrat, merchant etc and of lots of different races :)

Oldent
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Oldent » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:34 am

My sleeping giant, dead giant and Zealot dead characters are not painted yet The dead hobbits are new. I seem to have lost my dead Grenadier wizard. Probably in the wrong box.

My Rebel Miniature goblin adventurers are not painted yet but here are some of the orc villagers.

I need to dust

I have been collecting a long time. If you have the miniatures you will use them. I am working on a dwarf and hobbit bar. There are already a lot of good NPC characters available.

Tell us a bit more about the special DF personalities. I would very much like Stepen and his dog :!:
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

fnordfriendly
Orc
Orc

Post by fnordfriendly » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:18 am

I have to echo that dead/laying minis are hard to come by and I would use them more than seated minis, though they would also see use. Adventurer minis are a dime a dozen, so I wouldn't waste DF talent on those.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:37 am

I like the half monster idea also.

That could be the theme of this KS, half creatures. Would be good to attract interest.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria