Other (List in Comments)
No votes

Total votes: 155

Law
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: What minis do you MOST want?

Post by Law » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:12 pm

Gah! I kinda want them all! Even basic adventurers - while those are plentiful from a million sources, the DF ones would rock!

I voted for seated minis bc those are harder to come by, and with all the taverns and inns and carriages I need a lot. Ditto prone figures for all those beds.

I also want more townsfolk and repeat the vote for generic ones that won't stand out so much if you have 5 of the same guy. I have two sets of DF townsfolk, which works on a large city bc I can spread them out and minimize the twins effect. But I doubt I'd get more bc of this issue.

And I'd love to see some large monsters!

Also - orcs! We've got amazing lizardfolk and imps and ratmen but the most classic fantasy bogeyman of all - I know it's dull and the DF team is like "ugh, boring" but a set of orcs would be amazing. Some of us have kids just coming to D&D who want to fight orcs! And the wotc ones are meh. I want classic 1e DF orcs!

Alkettory
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Alkettory » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:56 am

Seated Valorian personalties in prison.

Running Wolf

Post by Running Wolf » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:42 am

I'm not being a wisenheimer but some "odd-ball" scenery minis that add flavor. The town drunk (either passed out pan handling). Haggered mother with a two or three toddlers hanging on her skirt while she nurses a baby. I know there s already (by another company) crazy cat lady.A young couple holding hands. A "non IP violating" CMOT Dibbler selling meat pies. Different street performers.

Non-sexualized "furry races". 90% of the fox, cat & dog "beast people". Seems like they are made more for people with a fetish than for gamers.

"'Strange' multi-race peoples" (inspired from Fantasy Age) Dwarf/Elf, Saurian/Gnome, Dwarf/Orc, et al. Generally only see a half Orc/Human and Half Elf/Human combos.

Two that people would either love or hate to have. A pizza delivery guy and a Chinese Food delivery guy.

Would like to see more modern and sci fi stuff but I know the majority of the market is for fantasy.

bernyleung
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by bernyleung » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:41 am

kodiakbear wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:49 am
How about a Halfling bouncer, Dwarven bowyer, a Elf in ragged clothing selling cheap charms, a Dwarven grocer, a Gnome selling small animal pelts and a Elf selling roasted chicken. ;)
Most excellent! Two of each, please, painted!

kodiakbear
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by kodiakbear » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:49 am

bernyleung wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:18 pm
gdmcbride wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:48 am
In particular, demi-human villagers. Dwarven miners (a great compliment to KS6), elven wine merchants, a halfling gentleman smoking a fine long pipe, a half-orc bouncer, dwarven jewelers and toymakers, elven bowyer, halfling grocer, dwarven smith, etc.
Uhmmm...I thought we agreed on no "stereotypical" roles :D
How about a Halfling bouncer, Dwarven bowyer, a Elf in ragged clothing selling cheap charms, a Dwarven grocer, a Gnome selling small animal pelts and a Elf selling roasted chicken. ;)

bernyleung
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by bernyleung » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:18 pm

gdmcbride wrote:
In particular, demi-human villagers. Dwarven miners (a great compliment to KS6), elven wine merchants, a halfling gentleman smoking a fine long pipe, a half-orc bouncer, dwarven jewelers and toymakers, elven bowyer, halfling grocer, dwarven smith, etc.
Uhmmm...I thought we agreed on no "stereotypical" roles :D

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Rabbit Burner » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:27 pm

+ 17 for female bunny fighters .........
Think Officer Hops in Red Sonja armour ..........
Time for many procreation saving throws!

btw welcome to the forums Goblinmaze :)
I am the Game and I want to Play

galahad
Orc
Orc

Post by galahad » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:10 pm

gdmcbride wrote:
Townsfolk/villagers are great, but I hope we can go beyond just stereotypical "inn staff" minis.

G
and a big plus 1 for this!
how about a sculptor making toy soldiers?
Pontifex Maximus of Valoria

Talistran
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Talistran » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:13 pm

gdmcbride wrote:
Townsfolk/villagers are great, but I hope we can go beyond just stereotypical "inn staff" minis.

G
AMEN

gdmcbride
Goblin
Goblin

Post by gdmcbride » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:48 am

G