Best Kickstarter

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Best Kickstarter

Post by kitenerd » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:50 am

dice4hire wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:53 am
In KSIV 300 bucks for a castle gave a decent castle and 2x stretch goals. Ramparts and WAtchtower were roughly 200 and gave a stretch goal set. A grand citadel gave 4 for about 800-900 bucks.

Seems a good price point to me.
These sg were “baked into” the pledge level and included in the retail offering

I am advocating sg “outside” of the encounter or set you are pledging for

This means they are “actually free” and requires funds to come from somewhere (small percent of pledge) to cover production cost higher threshold for multiples gets is more $$$ to work with and mens more interesting SG

If. Someone tries to game the system with multiple small pledges (to take advantage of low initial sg threshold) they lose the discount that higher pledge kevels offer and DF gets a little extra per set to find the sg production
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Rabbit Burner » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:16 am

We think DF will provide a Bling add-on for those with a lot of KSII caverns which should suit a lot of their older customers as it feels they learnt that from KSV. They will probably add some mega or wicked sets to allow backing for a few new basic tile sculpts etc.

So we think they will keep most backers happy most of the time :)

The proposed SG feels fairer when its related to amount pledged and all backers then buy into all the SGs.
What we think DF have always done (pre KSV) is attach SGs to the medium to large sets on offer so it has not always been on amount pledged.
If you pledge for add-ons only you have not got any SGs in the past, we not adverse to DF reinstating that method again - would still pull in more backer interest in SGs than KSV did (unless your were a DoD backer).
I am the Game and I want to Play

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:53 am

In KSIV 300 bucks for a castle gave a decent castle and 2x stretch goals. Ramparts and WAtchtower were roughly 200 and gave a stretch goal set. A grand citadel gave 4 for about 800-900 bucks.

Seems a good price point to me.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:12 am

If you are “giving away” a set of sg for each $200 pledged what do you really think that set can be worth? Probably no more than $20. Which equals 10 pieces tops.

I drfinitely think the initial threshold should br low (share the love and fun with new and budget constrained backers) but the point at which you get 2x and 3x should be higher. That way the set can be cooler and have better stuff

Ps i hate typing on phone

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:46 am

I would support that kind of stretch goal, but not at the 500 per SG level. 300 would be more reasonable, but even 200 would be nice.

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:43 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:21 pm
Oh, and regarding stretch goals, I think a system based on money spent would be a good idea for those that spend a little or a lot. Have a minimum buy-in, of course (KS1 and KS2 were two sets each) but nothing more than $150-ish for one full set of stretch goals. Every $150 after that gets you a second set or something.
Morelikely

$150-500 = 1 set
$501-$1000 = 2 sets
And so on

Share the wealth with low backers but get a decent average pledge per sg set so that the sg can be better

Kryzsko
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Kryzsko » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:35 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:21 pm
Oh, and regarding stretch goals, I think a system based on money spent would be a good idea for those that spend a little or a lot. Have a minimum buy-in, of course (KS1 and KS2 were two sets each) but nothing more than $150-ish for one full set of stretch goals. Every $150 after that gets you a second set or something.
Yep, this way will make almost everyone invested in hitting stretch goals.

Kryzsko
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Kryzsko » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:31 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:18 pm
Geez there was a lot of catching up to do on this thread!

I'm in the same boat as Talistran. I have a lot of KS2 and want it to be 100% compatible in function and color. I would love new sculpts for floor and wall variety; that's what I have been pushing for for years here. I also want 1x1, 1x2, and the new "swell" pieces that have been previewed. So far, everything looks great. I want an EXPANSION to caverns, just like how KS5 was an expansion to KS1 dungeons (as far as we can tell without having them in hand).
I think KS1 is an expansion to KS5 at this point. KS1 is a cute little add-on.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:19 pm

I am sure there will be encounter overlap like in KSV. SOme encounters were passage heavy, or negative space heavy, or standard iece heavy. i assume caverns will be the same.

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:16 pm

dice4hire wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:20 pm
Isn't that all enough?
That only gets us to encounter#9