KS6 Launch Date

93x74R
Orc
Orc

Re: KS6 Launch Date

Post by 93x74R » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:02 pm

It sounds like the team has KS VI well in hand with the working name of the campaign "Caverns of Wallet Doom". I am really interested to see what the GENCON promotion will do to the final numbers.

Audles
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Audles » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:11 pm

Hey do what you need to do. You have my trust and support! Thanks for letting us know so we can plan accordingly!

Spiropolous the Minotaur
Orc
Orc

Post by Spiropolous the Minotaur » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:33 am

Not to worry folks! This time around Nate is fully in charge and he runs a well organized ship! We also rented an extra space in the building to help out with....stuff...Nina is also on top of everything as first mate! In fact everybody loves their jobs, is really great and motivated at what they do and the level of enthusiasm is through the roof! We have twice as much staff this year, so many hands on deck! ....Jeff is correct, the plan is to really have everything finished BEFORE Gen Con...which is only 4 days after all...so it's only 4 days where we are somewhat limited in flexibility (meaning no emergency sculpting for only 4 days) So no worries everybody...the ship is well manned...we also live in an age of text messages, emails and a thing called "slack" which is how we all stay in touch wherever we are...we actually work year round these days on Both the finished kickstarter AND the new one...it's gotten pretty complex, but we are 5 year PRO's at it now:) + over two decades of doing what we do...Keep the faith folks:)

panzerfaust101
Kobold
Kobold

Post by panzerfaust101 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:11 am

Great news - the delay means I can ask for funding for this for my birthday!

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Rabbit Burner » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:13 pm

We remember that KSIV was affected by SXSW but this year has a lot of differences.
One - is that GenCon is much bigger and could have a massive impact on backer numbers
Two - the team is bigger and we fully expect 24 hour presence on the KS comments (sorry Lady S and SirGeekJeff)
Three - more of the sculpts will be done, pictures taken and videos shot.

Would love to say it means we can save more funds for it, but usually some other KS pops up that forces us to back!

Bottom line we trust DF to deliver a stand out KS even by KSV standards.
I am the Game and I want to Play

pacarat
Ogre
Ogre

Post by pacarat » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:59 am

I am ok either way, but any delay allows me more time to increase my potential fundage.

Regarding yearly vice bi-annual KS, I bet a big factor is finances. Can web store sales alone cover the biz expenses (payroll, warehousing, etc.)? I doubt it.

Animewarped
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Animewarped » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:35 am

I personally would love a bit more time between big KSs. Gives me more time to pump the bank account back up. Or maybe they can start doing big ones every other year with a smaller KS in the middle. It could give them a chance to get out more of the unique encounters without having them lost in the folds of emptying wallets like the Burrows did. However they decide to do thing, I know that ( baring death ) I'll be there pushing what money I can into their great products :)

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:16 am

Kryzsko wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:28 am
For me personally, July is a horrible time. We have a couple week long camping trip planned and we are busy every weekend. June was not a great time for me but July is worse. Oh well, I know the world does not revolve around me. I will likely just make a placeholder pledge and figure things out in the pledge manger.

I will miss hanging out in KS comment and participating in the live streams, but that’s the way it goes.
Based on the latest findings by astrophysicists, you are incorrect...

the world DOES in fact revolve around you!

You are the epicenter of all that is good and fun and noble... we are all just spinning in orbit of your awesomeness

have a nice day!
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

Law
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Law » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:26 am

I think this is a great idea. Spreading out large campaigns is generally better for people's wallets, making sure people have KS5 before asking for a buy-in on KS6 is savvy, and getting things really polished and organized before launch is wise. Hopefully this last point will ease concerns about running the campaign during a huge con - the team will be busy, but there will also be less to do.

kmj9907
Orc
Orc

Post by kmj9907 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:56 pm

I'm totally fine with this news; thanks for the heads-up. I definitely feel much better knowing I should have my KS5 shipment before pledging for KS6, and I don't like the idea of making another big pledge before getting mine in. There's nothing wrong with delivering later next year.