KS6 Launch Date

Harneloot
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: KS6 Launch Date

Post by Harneloot » Tue May 22, 2018 8:36 am

I don't like to post too much on the KS, but I do love reading all the comments (impossible to read them ALL though!)

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Tue May 22, 2018 8:34 am

I will be pretty free from July 25th onward, so I can post a ridiculous amount of times about ridiculous things.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Rabbit Burner » Tue May 22, 2018 3:14 am

dice4hire wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 4:37 pm
The DF KSes are indeed wild rides. I always look forward to them.
They are the highlight of the KS calendar and we would say they are an excellent experience to be a part of. Thoroughly recommend the live feeds too.
The unboxing video was in a similar vein, love seeing the DF teams enthusiasm for their product come roaring through - for some reason Nate's voices and sound effects make us laugh a lot.
I am the Game and I want to Play

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Mon May 21, 2018 4:37 pm

The DF KSes are indeed wild rides. I always look forward to them.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Hekaton1
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Hekaton1 » Mon May 21, 2018 3:13 pm

Can't wait for the next KS. Too bad my wallet is still reeling from the late pledge for Time of Legends: Joan of Arc. Still, it'll be fun to follow; hopefully I'll be able to finally join in with the minis!
Zie ginds komt de stoomboot
Uit Spanje weer aan.
Hij brengt ons Sint Nikolaas,
Ik zie hem al staan.
Hoe huppelt zijn paardje
Het dek op en neer!
Hoe waaiend de wimpels
Al heen en al weer!

Harneloot
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Harneloot » Mon May 21, 2018 6:30 am

Welcome indeed!

As others have said, the Dwarven Forge KS is a WILD RIDE with thousands upon thousands of comments going pretty much 24/7 for the entire month...it is almost as much fun as eventually getting the box of DF goodness to open a year+ later! :D

Just be prepared for a whole lot of DOOM to your wallet!

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Rabbit Burner » Mon May 21, 2018 3:57 am

MattM77 wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 8:09 pm
I'm looking forward to finally getting in on a DF kickstarter...the wait will be worth it!
Welcome Matt :)

As William already said a DF KS is an event and an experience. Lots of backers throwing around ideas, jests and sometimes insults - really quite entertaining ;)

DF went to great efforts to have a representative on the comments 24/7 which was really useful and appreciated.

Also last year Stefan did an impromptu RP session to introduce the last encounter - you can check it out here if you wish :)

viewtopic.php?f=53&t=9081
I am the Game and I want to Play

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Mon May 21, 2018 1:34 am

MattM77 wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 8:09 pm
I'm looking forward to finally getting in on a DF kickstarter...the wait will be worth it!
Welcome to the Forum MattM77.
The KS is an event, hope you have a blast when it does finally start. ;)
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

MattM77
Kobold
Kobold

Post by MattM77 » Sun May 20, 2018 8:09 pm

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Fri May 04, 2018 2:41 pm

Oldent wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 11:06 am
kitenerd wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 9:53 am
AnimeSensei wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 6:33 pm
In all seriousness though, if you are doing an addition, make sure you do it right. It's not worth it if it doesn't work as intended.
The reality is we are rebuilding a garage and i am creating a game room out of a odd little storage addition that was built w/o permits in the 70's (it is a 70yr old house - lots of funky stuff going on). While i can justify a certain amount of cost, 16K on top of that torpedoes the whole thing. I am currently seeking a more reasonable surveying solution, but i have also developed a pretty cool plan for the smaller space. Lose the sewing room, 4' less cabinets and bookshelves and the real loss... drop in the table goes from 36" down to 32" wide and player area shrinks from 12" to 8" around that. That is just the reality of being able to move around the table in a 9' wide room.
Sugestions
Bay windows
Against the wall or horseshoe shaped Model Railroad style layout for the table.
Use Kitchen cabinets or even custom bookshelves as the table base.

None of this may be practical but the odd idea may be helpful.
I have a large family. I build a long table along the garage wall at my mother in law's house. I would sit in the center and craft paint with eight children during the summer brake.My craft room is 10' by 10' In a horseshoe configuration I can only accommodate 4 children. They are all older now. I will only keep one grand niece this summer so that will be more than enough room.
I have role played in comic book store store rooms, basements and on kitchen tables, don't give up store space :!:
Storage under the table is a thought i hadn't explored - i have a nice set of claw foot table legs (bought at Restore - threw out the tabletop) that i was going to build on - but that is a definite thought

i need to revisit against the wall table - i rejected the idea early on because i like the sitting "around" the table - but it does free up 2.5-3' of space

Bay windows falls under "what can i get away with" - as a "legal nonconforming structure" i am only allowed to repair - i will have to talk with the city about how much i can change and have it constitute repair...

Still hoping for a miracle with a different surveyor. The larger room works like magic - EVERYTHING fits!
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939