KS6 Launch Date

geekjeff
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: KS6 Launch Date

Post by geekjeff » Tue May 29, 2018 11:44 am

They want to have most of the Dungeon of Doom shipping completed before the launch, and to be sure that most people should have their second wave packages before the next Kickstarter finishes.

There is no official word yet for a start date. If you want approximate, I can only tell you approximately July.

Tons of prep work being done behind the scenes! Maybe a literal ton? Hand cast resin prototypes are heavy. ;)
There will be lots of fun and juicy videos to tempt your wallets ready to go from the start. And as you can see in the social media feeds, the team is pretty giddy with excitement making these. Buckle up!

Forar80
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Forar80 » Tue May 29, 2018 11:19 am

Looping back around to the thread topic, have there been any further updates to the launch date? I keep an eye on the various KS pages, Facebook, and here, but it's easy for things to slip between the cracks.

I know it has been pushed back a few times, but they're also teasing work being done in preparation for the next campaign, so I figured that target might get a touch less approximate.

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Mon May 28, 2018 5:29 pm

As we mainly play war games we are finding our desire for caverns quite suppressed, though we do have Betrayal at Calth box game which would work really nicely with caverns.

But we don't really feel the need for a Cavern, but then we said that about dungeons and now we are waiting for 2 huge lava bridges, EIGHT Golems and a massive jade temple!
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

kodiakbear
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kodiakbear » Mon May 28, 2018 2:51 pm

93x74R wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 12:38 pm
kodiakbear wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 4:02 pm

I like them wet and I like them dry, I like them flat and I like them with elevation. I like the ease of throwing down 2x2 tiles fast but I also want small advanced tiles and large special.
Sounds like Dr. Seuss. I love it! Do Kodiak bears wear tall floppy hats with horizontal stripes?
It may have been what I ate, I do remember ripping into a cat creature wearing a tall floppy hat with horizontal stripes when it came close to my salmon stream. :twisted:

Yes, I was channeling Dr. Seuss.

93x74R
Orc
Orc

Post by 93x74R » Mon May 28, 2018 12:38 pm

kodiakbear wrote:

I like them wet and I like them dry, I like them flat and I like them with elevation. I like the ease of throwing down 2x2 tiles fast but I also want small advanced tiles and large special.
Sounds like Dr. Seuss. I love it! Do Kodiak bears wear tall floppy hats with horizontal stripes?

Law
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Law » Mon May 28, 2018 7:24 am

[/quote]

Just funnin', hope that didn't come across as nasty also ;)
[/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol:

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Mon May 28, 2018 3:29 am

If I'm being honest, I couldn't care less how "playable" the pieces are. I only use DF for pictures at this stage in my meager existence. I really like how kodiakbear said it above. :)

Specialized pieces up to large generic floors, I just want it all to look ultra-cool and make any shape I can imagine.

I guess it would be good if you can create the maps of every dungeon/cavern module designers sell. When it comes to skirmish gaming compared to RPG. Skirmishers need to get what is usable for that style of play (open spaces+). RPGers can use those pieces, but they would be very limited on intricate layouts if they're purchase was limited to those type of pieces. So, I think RPG's require more variety, to get that quirky dungeon design. Adding some floor packs (few different packs) for variety could accomplish a lot of the skirmishers desire for open spaces. two-pence ;)
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

pacarat
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by pacarat » Sun May 27, 2018 8:02 pm

period3 wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 2:13 pm
Me too. It'll be a while before I can use this stuff for roleplaying, and open spaces are much easier to incorporate into e.g. skirmish games.
pacarat wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 11:45 am
Agree on the open space versus narrow twisty passages. For the same reason I did many more of the larger burrow intersection pieces and fewer tunnels, and bought extra catacomb floors.
Skirmish gaming is my usual arena, as opposed to rpg. I want terrain to support 3-5 bands numbering 8-15 figs, plus a bunch of randomly encountered critters, with a combination of open areas, elevation changes, a few choke points here and there, lots of small bits of terrain to interfere with lines of sight.

The beauty of DF is the capability to tailor to just about every possible need.

Seraphis the Bland
Orc
Orc

Post by Seraphis the Bland » Sun May 27, 2018 5:35 pm

kodiakbear wrote:
I like my caverns to be like caverns.

Which is to say I like my caverns to have large rooms and twisty claustrophobic passages, small rooms and wide passages. I like them wet and I like them dry, I like them flat and I like them with elevation. I like the ease of throwing down 2x2 tiles fast but I also want small advanced tiles and large special tiles. I want it all so this weeks cavern is not the same as next monthes cavern, I want options in Dwarvenite Caverns and if I had a huge huge table I would want to fill it full of caverns and I would also want to fill it with tons of winding passages because both are great fun, and if the game is fun the space is never wasted.

More options, that is what I want from KS6.
Let it be so.

ShaynePatrick
Goblin
Goblin

Post by ShaynePatrick » Sun May 27, 2018 4:28 pm

kodiakbear wrote:
I like my caverns to be like caverns.

Which is to say I like my caverns to have large rooms and twisty claustrophobic passages, small rooms and wide passages. I like them wet and I like them dry, I like them flat and I like them with elevation. I like the ease of throwing down 2x2 tiles fast but I also want small advanced tiles and large special tiles. I want it all so this weeks cavern is not the same as next monthes cavern, I want options in Dwarvenite Caverns and if I had a huge huge table I would want to fill it full of caverns and I would also want to fill it with tons of winding passages because both are great fun, and if the game is fun the space is never wasted.

More options, that is what I want from KS6.
+1000