PM Reopening

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: PM Reopening

Post by kitenerd » Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:34 am

Paint prices are awesome!

I didn't feel the need to add anything.

If they make a final decision on forest trays i might add more - but right now i like what is being offered LESS than i did when i pledged the first time - unchanged or improved i would add to my order
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

mc1gamer
Goblin
Goblin

Post by mc1gamer » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:53 am

Nevermind. I just got the email ;)

mc1gamer
Goblin
Goblin

Post by mc1gamer » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:34 am

Is the PM opening via email or do we have to unlock it from the previous link? I located that link and got a message: Are you sure you want to unlock?
Unlocking your order will mark it as incomplete and not ready for fulfillment. Be sure you re-confirm your order once you are complete to ensure you get your rewards!

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:25 pm

I also like the Marcored solution.
102 Resin and 212 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

pacarat
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by pacarat » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:46 am

dice4hire wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:38 am
Yeah, I appreciate Nate asking here.

I am not really a fan of mats for my builds. I use DF and ideally all my builds would be pure 3D terrain. Trays are a nice compromise with 3D and 2D building. They can

... transport a room or or area or such of 3D terrain
... sit on top of 3D terrain and make an elevated area
... potentially be set at an angle on the table.
... could use magnet action though that is minor for me

and possibly more.

That said having a permenant battle map over my whole table would be a nice thing.
Elevated areas for sure. IMO a generic tileable print is best. Don’t hem in the user right from the get go. Use overlays or scatter terrain for emphasis or specific function (bog, clearing, path, etc.)

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:56 am

dice4hire wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:38 am

That said having a permenant battle map over my whole table would be a nice thing.
That's what we have - a grass/soil wilderness vinyl mat .

But whilst its pretty hardwearing we have managed to get glue and paint splashes on it. Its ok for now (if you don't look too careful) but if we carry on abusing it we are going to ruin it.

Note to selves - be more careful - esp Glue and Paint
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:38 am

Yeah, I appreciate Nate asking here.

I am not really a fan of mats for my builds. I use DF and ideally all my builds would be pure 3D terrain. Trays are a nice compromise with 3D and 2D building. They can

... transport a room or or area or such of 3D terrain
... sit on top of 3D terrain and make an elevated area
... potentially be set at an angle on the table.
... could use magnet action though that is minor for me

and possibly more.

A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:47 am

Well we have an opinion :)

But given we are not getting any forest terrain trays we felt it wasn't necessary to air.

The reason we are now is 2 fold
1 what marco has shown here is very similar to our goto wilderness game mat and having all green one side and a mix of grass and dirt the other makes a lot of sense to us :)

2 Overlays we like for specific effects like crevasses, whirpool etc, we are not convinced they should be for wider effects like broken ground or dirt.

Its striking the balance what to have printed on the terrain tray and then what overlays can be created to 'adjust' its look. It looks like for common generic looks they will be printed, water, lava, grass etc and for less common effects there will be overlays whirlpool, crevasses etc and then you have overlay for wider effects such as running water with bends which if printed direct on the tray would make them less usefull overall.

One last thing, we totally understand the doughnut issue but if your placing 4 or more terrain trays with no 3d sculpts on them then you perhaps you could be look at getting a mat.

One last last thing :) its great to see Nate/DF asking us DooFers for our opinions :)
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

pacarat
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by pacarat » Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:14 pm

Riley wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:49 pm
Vegomatic wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:18 pm
Nate posted the images we are working with and asked the question. So I think he is interested.
Ooh. I missed Nate’s post somehow. Yes, I would definitely prefer Marcoreds’ zoom-in over the original design.

I’m currently in for 4 forest tiles, but I would add more if the design was marcoreds’.
+4

Riley
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Riley » Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:49 pm

Vegomatic wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:18 pm
Nate posted the images we are working with and asked the question. So I think he is interested.
Ooh. I missed Nate’s post somehow. Yes, I would definitely prefer Marcoreds’ zoom-in over the original design.

I’m currently in for 4 forest tiles, but I would add more if the design was marcoreds’.

Return to “Pre-Kickstarter 6 Discussion”