Other Grid Overlay Uses

zenako
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: Other Grid Overlay Uses

Post by zenako » Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:38 pm

If the material is cheap enough, then durability is a moot point. Some of those old clear films for overhead projectors were actually pretty thick, while other brands were very thin. The virtue of the DF stuff is that it is actually pretty thick and stiff and should hold up pretty well.

Blue Prophet
Orc
Orc

Post by Blue Prophet » Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:18 pm

Fair point guys. I wonder about the quality or durability. I might try the printable sheets as well.

electricmotorcycles
Orc
Orc

Post by electricmotorcycles » Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:19 pm

most copiers can print onto printable transcendencies, old timer teachers needed to do this for their overhead projectors

Vegomatic
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Vegomatic » Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:44 pm

Why not buy clear overhead sheets and print a grid on them? 10 printable sheets run 12ish dollars at Hobby Lobby. Can be even cheaper if you draw your own grid. Not sure if there is actually a difference between those that say "printable" and those that dont (other than price). Might be worth looking in to.

Blue Prophet
Orc
Orc

Other Grid Overlay Uses

Post by Blue Prophet » Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:33 pm

I have only the 12x12 acid terrain tray so far. But I am getting a few from KS6 like water and forest, and now adding ice. I have yet to see how I like using them in game. But the idea of having a grid overlay is great for those of us who use a grid to play.

I was thinking of other uses of the overlays. I am assuming they are rather thin and flexible, so could be cut with scissors or a knife. I think these would be perfect to add a grid to other company's building terrain that has no sculpted grid like DF. I'm thinking of things like MBA, Tabletop World, or the new Hagglethorn Hollow. I'm picturing cutting the overlay to fit inside each building to create a grid inside, which is removable if you don't want it there. Maybe the forest style crosshair grid would be better than solid?

Sounds feasible right?

Return to “Pre-Kickstarter 6 Discussion”