KS6 First Teaser

bernyleung
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: KS6 First Teaser

Post by bernyleung » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:02 am

Stefan, any chance that those 30 minis can be done in two alternate paint schemes each? That means we will effectively have 60 new personalities to populate our towns!

Seraphis the Bland
Orc
Orc

Post by Seraphis the Bland » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:59 pm

Spiropolous, How do I get that Dwarven Army badge?

lostpict
Ogre
Ogre

Post by lostpict » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:56 pm

+10 on seated minis
Regards,

LostPict, Lord High Undertaker of Valoria
Little Men blog - sfdfsfd.wordpress.com

WhiskeyandPeaches
Goblin
Goblin

Post by WhiskeyandPeaches » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:39 pm

+ 1 for seated minis. Stefan: Love all the KS plans and can't wait to back them.

I'm also very enthusiastic for a return to caverns. I've been saving up for my Caverns of Doom for the past six months, and I'll be ready to spend when the new KS starts. DOOM!

+10 for the multilevel waterfall idea. SUPER COOL!

Oldent
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Oldent » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:42 pm

I am disappointed that there will not be seated figures.
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:31 pm

Where was the poll on seated minis?
Count me as three or four votes minimum (Is that legal?) ... ;)
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

Pizzabagel
Orc
Orc

Post by Pizzabagel » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:53 pm

Stefan, I’m looking forward to Mythras/Valoria books and will be pledging the Kickstarter. I’m about to start my first campaign for my players set in your world of Mythras, starting with Tapestry of Deceit, then adapting some of the material from the Mythras pdf for some misc adventures, with the climax as the Dungeon of Doom module when it comes out this Spring. I am really enjoying Elye’s writing! Can’t wait for the DOD module and the Mythras sourcebook!

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:46 pm

So three Kses this year?

KSVI?
Minis?
Adventure?

Sounds like Stefan is biting off a whole cow. Should be fun to watch and back!
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

iceycat
Goblin
Goblin

Post by iceycat » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:23 pm

@ Nate - LOVE THE BEANS!

Diagonal wall pieces are SO basic and much needed. The "swell" walls look really interesting as does the 4x4 (ish) curve. I agree back fill pieces would be nice so the other side can become a room too if so desired. As much as I love KS2 caverns they just didn't flow organically and would usually have a very stair step staggered appearance as changing the shape of the room could really only be accomplished with straights, 90* curves or wave walls so it gave rooms blocky feels. One other piece I think is super basic but you guys hardly made available is the free standing straight wall. You could get one in the original KS stretch goal and I think there was a semi recent addition to the store of a set that included a single one of these with it. I have one and one only. I'll never understand why I could order an 18 pack of freestanding curved walls but no way to get more than a single freestanding straight wall at a time lol.

Okay, regarding KS6 versus KS5. As other users have mentioned, encounters are neat but I totally stand with them in saying there should be a FULL and a LIGHT version of each encounter room. I have probably 16 or 18 sets of KS2 caverns. I don't need a bajillion more straight walls, 2x2 cave floors and normal curves that I already have a ton of from the shop. The only reason this didn't bother me as much in DoD was that I only had about 5 dungeon sets, I started by investing in CBS and caverns mostly before then grabbing a few dungeon sets. Even then the full DoD I ordered will leave me drowning in straight walls and floors. Great for building the DoD specifically, a bit more than I'd ever be able to use outside of that scenario.

We don't want to be punished and pay more for stuff we don't need if we've already supported Dwarven Forge a lot. Of course we also don't want to miss out on any of the cool new stuff too. Also light versions should include any stretch goals and capstone pieces for the encounter. Basically there should be zero loss of goodies for heavy backers of previous content without being forced to pay for lots of redundant pieces. Besides, 6 Kickstarters in now, the storage problems ARE getting very real for some of us lol

I'd like to see some stretch goals that aren't so heavily dependent on the encounter too. Previous Kickstarters, most stretch goals felt like cool extras. KS5 felt like the rooms NEEDED the stretch goals to even complete them fully. Things that have more universal utility not so specific to the encounter that it becomes a make it or break if if the goal isn't unlocked for it. Plus it was weird. Oh we got some snake orbs for this stretch goal. Later on more snake orbs for another goal, later even more snake orbs for another goal, oh look more snake orbs... Hard to get excited about something that appeared at like 6 different stations in the stretch goal chart over and over. You want the "new" stuff not more of the stuff you already got for a goal.

The daily additions, videos and updates as well as overall communication from you guys was great. Especially enjoyed the alternate builds and livestreams.

I really, really hope there's some mines and minecarts to be added in. Also echoing some others on modular waterfall system that would be very cool. I love verticality (super excited for cavern elevation boxes) Very excited to hear about 4x4 pieces. 2x2 is cool, let's you get in some fine detail but 4x4 allows you to make some rapid layouts too. the old 4x4 water tiles had some cool designs that were impossible to replicate on 2x2, you just needed that bigger 4x4 canvas to work with. Maybe some more freestanding pieces like wooden support pillars and beams you can place where ever for the whole mine motif or river rocks and boulders placed freely on water tiles or heck even in normal caves for that matter. Freestanding stuff allows us to repurpose old tiles in cool new ways.

Also can we please, please, please have some more transition pieces? A couple of cavern entrances would be cool maybe as 2x4 pieces. Now that terrain trays are a thing for lava and water can we also get some transition pieces for those? 2 inches wide by a half inch or three quarters inch thick. something that lines up with the water or lava tiles from KS2 on one side and sort of flows into the flat 2D terrain tray. Kind of like a tiny waterfall painted as either water or lava. Get rid of the chunky stair step effect it would otherwise leave when going from one to the other.

Bossman
Orc
Orc

Post by Bossman » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:59 pm

Hi Stefan - make it 4 votes for seated miniatures! The master plan unfolds. Can't wait. Cheers