KS6 First Teaser

fnordfriendly
Orc
Orc

Re: KS6 First Teaser

Post by fnordfriendly » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:22 am

I could really use a water tile that has a wall attached. I assume the passages pieces will work for this, like they do in DoD? It would also be nice to have a waterfall piece that is effectively a wall, only with water coming down on the front side.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:00 am

I think RB said he already had a very large burrow. :D
106 Resin and 159 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Harneloot
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Harneloot » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:05 am

Rabbit Burner wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:37 am
Never got on the fence on burrows.

don't envisage ever using them except for some alien nest type scenario, so were a very easy no.

...ok maybe that's a little thin but it made many chuckle in the burrow.

But in all seriousness be careful where the trail leads ..... I see only DOOM!!!!!!!
Hmmmm - the rabbits don't want no burrows hey? Hmmmmm.... :P

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Rabbit Burner » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:37 am

Never got on the fence on burrows.

don't envisage ever using them except for some alien nest type scenario, so were a very easy no.

There has been some talk that with the current colour scheme they could be used as forest pathways, which we will have to see in use, as at the moment we just cannot envisage this looking good with current DF products.
bernyleung wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:11 am
Great info! Looking forward to a steady trail of dropped beans from now until early summer!
This comes from berny a Minotaur ........irony anyone ? no ?

ok maybe that's a little thin but it made many chuckle in the burrow.

But in all seriousness be careful where the trail leads ..... I see only DOOM!!!!!!!
I am the Game and I want to Play

bernyleung
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by bernyleung » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:11 am

Great info! Looking forward to a steady trail of dropped beans from now until early summer!

period3
Orc
Orc

Post by period3 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:46 am

subtalon wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:57 pm
William wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:31 pm
It would be nice if the Encounter-based set-ups had two versions -
This a million times. That would be amazing!
If they do something like the DoD again, it would also be nice if they offered a "light" version that covers the same themes, but with less pieces and cheaper. The DoD was huge, way more than I wanted. On the other hand, all of the themes and encounters were interesting. A DoD-light that was something like Dungeon Level III + half burrows + half temple + a few bits from lava bridge would have been a nice package.

It's not that big of a deal I guess, as one can always assemble it piecemeal, but it's nice to have it as a package with photography, video, and a shipping discount :)

Anyway, I'm pretty excited for caverns. I went somewhat light on KS5, partly in anticipation of KS6 being either caverns or outdoors.

zenako
Goblin
Goblin

Post by zenako » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:58 pm

Nice post and looking forward to seeing what KSVI ends up looking like. I have very little of the cavern tiles at this point. Partly since free form drawing on Megamats has worked well in the past for highly irregular caverns in D&D. I do have a fair amount of town and city stuff I picked up over the past couple of years, and the KSV stuff of course (when that tonnage arrives). Hope to see many hints and previews along the way this spring.

As for the Burrows, they were just the outlier on the whole DoD presentation. Something that could easily be set aside if looking to get more Dungeon tiles and funds were constrained. I know I thought about it, but in the end, stuck with the whole shebang. Almost everything else (the other encounters) can all work together to build custom layouts, while the burrows is pretty much a standalone option (at least to my eyes),

subtalon
Kobold
Kobold

Post by subtalon » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:57 pm

William wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:31 pm
It would be nice if the Encounter-based set-ups had two versions -

Full - with all the pieces required to build the encounter ...
and ...
Reduced - with everything required except the basics. So don't include the 2x2 floors, straight walls and corners we already have similar versions from KS-2.

That was my biggest problem with the last KS (5). I only spent about $140 last year because so many of the Encounters had too many basic pieces that I already owned so many of the KS-2 version I was O.K. with. I only picked up some of the new designs that we were unable to do with older tiles. I know it is probably not an option we will see, but that is my hope. :|
This a million times. That would be amazing!

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:41 pm

I am on the fence about burrows now, which is quite a good change as I was anti-burrows for a long time. I hope someone with painted burrows posts a nice videos of them so I can see them in real life, so to speak.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

kodiakbear
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by kodiakbear » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:32 pm

dice4hire wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:28 pm
fnordfriendly wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:18 pm
I'm surprised about the burrows under-performing. I wonder, after seeing the painted sample from the kickstarter update, how many people regret not picking them up?
I saw lots of posts post-Ks that people had trimmed burrows due to financial constraints, which is why I think they will do well in the store. Nate's post worries me that the store stock might be very limited though.

Maybe DF should do a preorder for them to see what demand is there?
Great Idea!

I would do a preorder for 3 sets.

I just did not have enough money to get everything I wanted in KS5 and since I went into it to get more dungeon stuff it made since to wait on the burrows till later.

But I am so glad KS6 is a return to Caverns.